Will a PS3 play a Bluray 3D Movie?

mikej

I think 3D compatibilty came with a PS3 firmware update a while back, so just make sure you're running the latest firmware.

leamspaceman

Distinguished Member
It does...the only drawback being that if the 3D Bluray has uncompressed audio on it (DolbyTruHD, DTS HD Master Audio etc) it won't play it. The PS3 will play it in plain DD or DTS.

Not a deal breaker though:thumbsup:

D

Deleted member 92943

Stop talking about 3D please cos im seriously considering a new TV which i cant afford. Im meant to be saving to move out but the new Samsung TV's are really really nice.

figoagogo

Distinguished Member
It does...the only drawback being that if the 3D Bluray has uncompressed audio on it (DolbyTruHD, DTS HD Master Audio etc) it won't play it. The PS3 will play it in plain DD or DTS.
Why is that :confused:

Moldiver

mattrixdesign2 said:
Well thats no good, so is it a PS3 hardware problem?
Yep, for HD sound you need a dedicated 3D player and a reciever capable of hdmi 1.4.....I think. Renently got a Samsung UE46D8000 and need to upgrade my reciever and get a dedicated player. Does the slim support 1.4 at all?

Tigerblade

Anyone used 3d blu ray on a 80gb ps3? any issues?
Works fine, not sure why you'd specify certain models? All PS3's will play 3D bluray fine. Also this whole 1.3 v 1.4 is made too big an issue. I'm using nearly 3 year old hdmi cables and never had a problem with 3D.....they most certainly are not 1.4 either.

thinboifat

There were reported issues with older models playign back 3d blu ray - not ll, but some. maybe they've fixed that via software update, something to do with blu-ray J?

Tigerblade

There were reported issues with older models playign back 3d blu ray - not ll, but some. maybe they've fixed that via software update, something to do with blu-ray J?
Rest assured, 80Gb's have no issues....none that I have come across anyway :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom