will a portable Aerial work for a 32" LCD

G

Gemz1982

ths is only a temporary measure as i do not have a main Aerial socket at the mo. so was wondering will a portable Aerial im currently using for my 19" crt work?

Analogue maybe, digital no.

all depends on your signal strength. I'm in the same boat as you with the need to use a small internal aerial as a stop gap measure. My experience is poor analogue but i actually get all the digital channels through my dell 32" lcd. Still they do break up if the wife puts on the hairdryer or walks past the aerial!

You might get luck - I'm using a cheap no amplified directional aerial from Argos, about 7 years old I think

its just for an analogue signal, so hopefully it should be ok. Just wanted to check before i actually went ahead and bought the one i want.

thanks both

ths is only a temporary measure as i do not have a main Aerial socket at the mo. so was wondering will a portable Aerial im currently using for my 19" crt work?

Have you looked on the Sky+,freeview and satellite forum? There is a thread there at the moment Signal booster in conjunction with indoor amplified aerials someone who has a CRT and just got a freeview box - no outdoor aerial, perhaps you could have a look and see what you think, you may also find another thread in that forum, or why not ask your question there, you've nothing to lose.

Be aware that what appears to be a good signal on a 19" may look much worse at 32". I've never lived anywhere that has really good reception with a portable aerial, but I know some people achieve a great picture with indoor aerials.
You are the only one who can judge your reception quality.
A signal booster might help.

i use a portable aerial with my 32lxd500, it works well and i have full reception on all digital channels,

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom