• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

will a Panasonic V10 play media from an external Hard drives?

makthedon

Established Member
If you connect an external hard drive via the usb port would the V10 be capable of playing the music and video files?

LukeFoster2006

Established Member
As far as I am aware it doesn't have a USB port on it so no it can't. The V10 will play certain video and picture files off a media server but sadly not music. The TV itself comes with a twonky media server program they give you a key for to download.

Hope this helps Luke

makthedon

Established Member
Cheers for the reply Luke. I'm not sure how the Townky media thing works, but my plasma doesn't recognise an ethernet cable when connected.

I made a mistake anyway. It's the BD80 that has the USB port, would this be able to play from a hard drive onto the V10?

LukeFoster2006

Established Member
Sorry makthedon i havn't got a BD80 to try the external harddrive with, but I've just had a quick look through the manual on Panasonics website and found this.

BD80-USB.jpg

It appears you can use one with it, but there are constraints on its capacity and format. Hope this helps. :)

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom