1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will a Motorola V3 on O2 be locked?

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by marcusanderson, Sep 19, 2005.

Tags:
  1. marcusanderson

marcusanderson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm after a new mobile phone (on pay as you go as I don't use it all that much). It needs to be on the Orange network as it is the only one I can pick up at home.

I have seen a good deal on a V3 phone on O2 and need to know if it would work if I were to put a Orange sim card into it. Anyone know?

Thanks

Marcus

2. hollie.weimeran

hollie.weimeran

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My sons are both on O2 contracts. They have now had a total of 4 phone all of which have been unlocked. However, I believe that ALL PAYG phone are locked to the network.

So, in answer to your question, if it's PAYG it's likely to be locked, if its on a contact it's likel;ey to be open to all networks :)

3. raigraphixs

raigraphixs
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15,228
    I got my razr from orange shop (online), why not pop in a shop or ring em, and ask if you can use your existing orange sim card, most shops will unlock the phone for a tenner or something. As its a orange phone and card, should be no problem. They will then connect the card to the phone (PAYG) if thats what you need.

4. woody67

woody67

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    O2 contract phones are unlocked