Will a Malm 6 drawers support Sony 46"?

soltakr

Novice Member
Hello

i want to put my 46" on the drawer but not sure if its safe? i didnt think it thro when i brought the unit from ikea. the tv weighs like 28kg, and add to that a 7.5kg centre speaker if it fits. also thinking of using the top two drawers for av stuff and just saw a thread on how to modify it. better than what i did and just leave the front off the drawer and support the bottom.:rolleyes:

probably should have thought the ikea stuff through, will post pics of new bedroom when its done, just needs minor touches then move all my bedroom av stuff to it.

Cheers
Sol

Blue Lou

Novice Member
I wouldn't risk it. I have the said unit in my bedroom and the shelf sagged holding just an xbox 360 and 14inch crt television. It won't collapse with the weight but it will sag, especially as the weight of the tv will be in the middle. The top two drawers (two half width drawers) have been effected and don't pull out as easily as they once did.

Sedated

Novice Member
Ive got the 3 drawer version (half size of yours) and have had a 28" CRT (Panasonic widescreen) on them for 4 years or more. as long as the 6 drawer has a centre strut which it will do support the drawer runners I reckon you'll be OK,

soltakr

Novice Member
i decided the other day to put it up there, and it fits great on there. put it back as far as i could and it looks solid. i have all my av stuff in the drawers except the light 360 so not a bad result at all.

temp pic with phone camera, when i have the chance and material ill see about turning the top two drawers into shelves, as seen in a old post here.

Sol

The latest video from AVForums

The Best Movies and TV Shows Coming to Netflix in November 2020: Tom's Thumbs.
Top Bottom