1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will a Harmony control a Philips Ondigital box

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by richgtfc, Dec 7, 2004.

1. richgtfc

richgtfc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My old crappy Philips Ondigital box remote is broken and I can't even change over channels without the remote :rolleyes: I've been after a decent remote for a while to work the rest of my AV stuff, so will the Harmony 655 control the Philips Ondigital box (code no. dtx 6371), plus the rest of my gear (in signature).

Cheers
    Rich

2. Richard46

Richard46

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +120
    Hi Rich

Just checked the Harmony site does not seem to have specific codes for the Philips OD box. It suggests using the codes from a Philips Satelite box. No way of knowing how well these will work.
    Good news is the Philips is not on their list of kit that the harmony will not control. e.g. the pace cable box.
    Any way my advice get the harmony; its great and you know you want to. A new Freeview box would be cheaper of course!
    Even my wife (another Angie!) who has hated my previous remotes (esp. the Pronto) loves the Harmony. Particularly as I did not have to give her 3 hour training session just to watch gardeners world. I think I even caught her stroking it last night.

Regards Richard

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    if the original remote is not able to teach the harmony remote codes you can select the closest ones from the harmony DB or email tech support and ask them to add them for you.

4. Richard46

Richard46

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +120
    Correction just checked again using the model number you gave (overlooked it first time). It did recognise a DTX6371/05A set top box. I wonder if this is the same as yours. Good chance it is very similar I would have thought. If it is the same good chance you will not need the original remote.

Regards Richard

5. richgtfc

richgtfc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Excellent news, I think it'll be a Harmony as an early Crimbo pressie for me!

Thanks
    Rich