• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Will a digital camera bought in us work in uK?

Forzafan

Prominent Member
Hi on my once in a lifetime trip and my camera has broken! Gutted so off to Walmart to quickly buy another but is there anything I need to know before I potentially waste my money? I will get a. Cheap one so it takes my pics for the next 10 days not too bothered about after that. Want to take pics with sd card and videos too. Quick response is really appreciated!

sep8001

Prominent Member
Apart from the charger it will work fine as you don't have video (pal/ntsc) type issues with photographs.

Sorry just read the video bit, might have video issues so might have to convert to pal when in the UK.

Chris Muriel

Distinguished Member
Yes it will still work. Get one that allows battery charging on European AC mains; it's 110/120 volts. 60 Hz in USA and 220/230 volts, 50 Hz. in UK/Europe.

(replying to this on my way back to UK- I'm in the Admiral's Lounge at Chicago, O'Hare.)

shotokan101

Banned
should be fine

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom