1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will a B&W CC6 sound OK with 4 Gallo Micros?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by harmony, Jan 15, 2003.

1. harmony

harmony

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can I use a B&W CC6 with four Gallo Micros ?
    For my new HT set up I'm thinking of using an existing B&W CC6 as a center speaker together with Gallo Nuclear Micros as the 2 fronts and 2 surrounds with the Gallo sub woofer.

I've heard it's best to use same brand name speakers in HT seat ups for optimal balance but I don't want to waste this B&W CC6 and am wondering if it will work out ok with the Gallos.

Would welcome any advice.

Thanks.

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Put simply - No

The best thing to do would be to buy an extra Gallo as a centre and sell the B&W.

There is no way that the voice matching will be similar on Gallos and B&W and you will end up with a front soundstage that sounds terrrible

3. siluro

siluro
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1

:eek: its no wonder you can get so much from a small speaker, but that must be the secret, nuclear power :eek: :D

but seriously tho the B&W would work i think you will find another "nuclear micro" would fit in and sound much better than the cc6, i know its a bit more cash but the results could be quite dramatic using a gallo instaed of the cc6.

cheers
    lee

4. harmony

harmony

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    do u think it's worth replacing my B&W 601's and 602's with GALLO MICROS? Is it a step up or not?

I prefer the look of the Gallos but not sure if the sound quality will be upgraded compared to my B&W's

5. baileych

baileych
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    At least your not asking whether they'd be better than floorstanding 603s. (I assume your series 2 if you have the cc6?)

I asked this and before long the whole place had gone up in flames ;) :D

Charles.

6. harmony

harmony

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    they are series 1, NOT series 2.

Is it worth "upgrading" to Gallo Micros?

7. siluro

siluro
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    if you want to go the sub/sat route then i think the gallos are a definate step foward. You do have to use a decent sub to get the best from them like the gallo or velodyne which does add to the total price but the results are amazing. Wheather its worth up grading is entirly your decision, if your ready for a chage then the gallos have a lot to offer you.

And yeah there are certain subjects that generaly can cause a bit of heat as baileych found out, but everyone has thier opions and love to voice em :D

but the best way to find out mate is to really go have a listen for yourself, i know its not allways as easy as that but with things like speakers it is hard to recomemd them to someone as like product B might be better than A but, that doent always mean that B will be your thing, however B is pretty damm good:D

cheers
    lee