Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Will a 32" be big enough?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by dnlhoare, Oct 6, 2005.

Tags:
  1. dnlhoare

dnlhoare
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    Im thinking of getting a 32" lcd for my front room. The room is 17' x 14' so the TV will be about 12' from where i'll mainly be sitting. Do you think 32" will be big enough or should I really get a 42".

My plan at the minute is to get a 32" lcd then save up to get a HiDef 42" (plasma or lcd) and then move the 32" into the bedroom (which is 10' x 12'). So if I get a cheap 42" plasma now instead, then later on when Ive saved enough for a HiDef one, the cheap 42" would then move to the bedroom but I think it might be a bit overpowering in a 10x12 room, what do you guys think?

2. mjw123

mjw123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Go for the 32" - i'd say about 10-12ft is optimum viewing distance so you're pretty much on the money.

Try the Samsung - silly price for a superb quality 32" LCD or you could pay another £600 for an equally good set with a Pansonic badge on the front (lot of money for a badge)

3. richjthorpe

richjthorpe
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds like you've got it sussed. WIth that size room I would say go for a 40"+ but the 32" will be about right for the second room.

Richie.

4. Mickus

Mickus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +332