Will 7th Gen connect to my 5th Gen Media Box?

hooray33

Established Member
Reaction score
I want to replace my pdp435fde screen with the new 7th gen screen but have everything witred into the media box which is connected to the screen (running on a 10m cable under the floor and chased up the wall). Will it be possible to connect the new screen to the old media box?

No it will not connect...the 7th series screens have the media box built in.....best bet may be an AV amp, with just one cable to the plasma, using the amp as a switching unit.

I spent £200 on a 10m cable running under the room and up the wall. It's devastating to think about pulling all that out again. Besides I've got Sky HD, Xbox 360, Upscaling DVD player, PS3 and my amp all on the opposite side of the room in a cabinet with the media box.
That's got to be the disadvantage of the new design having it all internal - there's no way i could chase all those wires into the wall under the new model.
It's just not feasible.

I would suggest waiting for the Pioneer 8th gen. models, which, by all accounts, will offer the option of an external media box again and substantially better picture :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom