Wilford Brimley

systemsdead

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
American character actor Wilford Brimley has died age 85.
Screen Shot 2020-08-02 at 08.58.21.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-02 at 07.56.24.png

Last edited:
Great character actor - I remember him most from 80s movies - Cocoon and JC’s The Thing in particular - and as JCVD’s eccentric Uncle Duvet in Hard Target. RIP Wilford Brimley. :(

As Bruce says great character actor, instantly recognizable, best when his character were sage like.

R.I.P. Wilford

RIP.

Gutted :(

Uncle Douvee rode a horse before John Wick as well.

Was also due another watch of Hard Target and The Thing.

RIP

Was also due another watch of Hard Target and The Thing.

I have a friend who comes around to mine regularly for a movie night. He's seen very few movies and I've been going through a pile of classics and favourites and I'm dying to show him The Thing but I'm waiting for the 4K to come out.

On the other hand, I have a real dislike for all John Woo's Hollywood fare.
Hard Target, Face Off, MI:2 (awful, truly, truly awful), Paycheck. Dislike them all.

His HK films like The Killer, Hard Boiled etc. Excellent.

I have a friend who comes around to mine regularly for a movie night. He's seen very few movies and I've been going through a pile of classics and favourites and I'm dying to show him The Thing but I'm waiting for the 4K to come out.

Hard Target, Face Off, MI:2 (awful, truly, truly awful), Paycheck. Dislike them all.

Without taking this off topic; Hard Target is the best USA John Woo film. And of course, made better by the presence of Mr. Brimley. :)

As it's an obituary thread I shall keep my abject horror at this outrageous statement in check :D

For me Brimley always came across as a cool grandad, the epitome of that being none other than in Hard Target. (In this case of course he was someone's Uncle).

Thinking about it, I've actually clocked up some serious viewing time of his films over the years.

Part of another "Ratpack" too with Don Ameche and Hume Cronyn.

As it's an obituary thread I shall keep my abject horror at this outrageous statement in check :D

For me Brimley always came across as a cool grandad, the epitome of that being none other than in Hard Target. (In this case of course he was someone's Uncle).

Thinking about it, I've actually clocked up some serious viewing time of his films over the years.

Part of another "Ratpack" too with Don Ameche and Hume Cronyn.

Watching him in Cocoon - and reading about the tributes to him - it’s not outrageous to suggest he was probably like that in real life.

Watching him in Cocoon - and reading about the tributes to him - it’s not outrageous to suggest he was probably like that in real life.

Cocoon is just a wonderful film. I watched it everytime it was on the TV - and it was on a lot! A masterclass from the old school.

In fact I demand a 4K release.

Agreed, plus when he went back to HK he made the excellent Red Cliff, so it's not like he'd lost his talent.

I'll also raise a :beer: to Mr Wilford Brimley.

The Thing is one of my all time favourites & in Cocoon he played a lovely role the kind of grandad we all wanted. He was also played the excellent Horace Brimley in The Waltons.

RIP Doc Wilford Brimley

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom