• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Wildfire S or the Desire?!

Ashtiany2

Established Member
Hey guys, need to choose between the 2.
Theres a £50 difference between the 2 at the moment, with the Desire being the more expensive one.

May sound like a stupid question because obviously the Desire seems superior in every single way when looking at the specs.

BUT.. what i'm concerned about is the battery life, i've heard the battery life on the Desire is absolutely poor, some people barely manage a day even with all the fancy things turned off.

Is it worth it to get the Desire even with the poor battery life you reckon?

thanks in advance!

williamj1

Established Member
Hey guys, need to choose between the 2.
Theres a £50 difference between the 2 at the moment, with the Desire being the more expensive one.

May sound like a stupid question because obviously the Desire seems superior in every single way when looking at the specs.

BUT.. what i'm concerned about is the battery life, i've heard the battery life on the Desire is absolutely poor, some people barely manage a day even with all the fancy things turned off.

Is it worth it to get the Desire even with the poor battery life you reckon?

thanks in advance!

I think you need to consider what you want and need from your phone. Because bare in mind these two aren't really comparable.

The Desire S for example will allow you to use the likes of iPlayer, flash content on websites and advances gaming (think gameloft).
You can't really do any of that (or smoothly) on the wildfire.
The Desire S is as you say, superior in almost every aspect.
Notably also, the screen size.

Now obviously battery life is very important, but I know I personally wouldn't sacrifice all of that for improved battery? If battery is really important you maybe shouldn't look at the new htc range. They will be fine, but there are certainly better performers in that area.

Anyway, if you only want to do basic things then the wildfire will likely be fine. But do remember the Desire S can do a lot more than the wildfire. Think about what you will use it for first. To some people the likes of gaming and video streaming may be irrelevant.

Jennifer Moss

Standard Member
Hi,

The HTC Desire is one of the most impressive phones of all time. An Android smartphone with a fabulously responsive touchscreen, the Desire packs in a huge choice of apps, brilliant web browsing, one of the biggest and best screens ever, a good camera, a music player and GPS too. Add in a superfast processor, monster battery, WiFi and a 3.5mm headphone jack and you've got the perfect phone.

According to HTC Desire review there is no problem with battery life. Battery life is depend on your use of mobile phone. So, don’t worry about HTC Desire battery. Buy it. Definitely you will like it!

Good luck!

scrapbook

Distinguished Member
Anyway, if you only want to do basic things then the wildfire will likely be fine. But do remember the Desire S can do a lot more than the wildfire. Think about what you will use it for first. To some people the likes of gaming and video streaming may be irrelevant.

That is all i do with my Wildfire and it works fine.

Have you looked at teh Gratia...does that fill the gap between Wildfire S and Desire?

If i was going to buy today I would go for the desire as there is little price differnce. At the time I bought the Wildfire the minimium contract on the Desire was more then I wanted to pay.

Mrs Scrapbook has teh desire and the battery life is acceptable.

Ashtiany2

Established Member
Had the desire for about a week now. Battery has become only a tiny issue but should get better after a while. Thanks guys.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom