Wilders Cinema

wilders

Ex Member
Reaction score
Here's my little cinema...

Kit is a ceiling mounted Barco Data 808s, Denon 3801, HCPC running TT & Dscaler & wall mounted 15" Sony TFT, 5 Monitor Audio Silver series speakers, not a single cable to be seen...and a home made DVD case...

The walls have been painted chocolate suede, the ceiling in a lighter suede paint, curtains and screen pelmet are a heavy chocolate suede.

Still pretty wife friendly, but pitch black during a movie....

Room dimensions are 13' x 24'

* Forgot to mention, at the top and bottom of the screen are some 8' wide roller blinds, covered with black velvet which can be manually moved up and down to mask the screen for 2.35 presentations.... *

** See 3rd page for pics of the masking & 4th page for the final pics **

Attachments

• 122-2290_IMG.JPG
    122-2290_IMG.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 2,779
  • 122-2291_IMG.JPG
    122-2291_IMG.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 1,875
  • 122-2292_IMG.JPG
    122-2292_IMG.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 2,245
  • 122-2295_IMG.JPG
    122-2295_IMG.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 1,319
  • 122-2296_IMG.JPG
    122-2296_IMG.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 1,419
  • 122-2294_IMG.JPG
    122-2294_IMG.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 1,466
I built the dvd cabinet from MDF, the hans solo came from EBAY, made from aluminium, screwed to a large sheet of MDF, hinged on one side...it's nice to not have to look at the multicoloured sides of the dvds on show anymore...

I've added a couple of pics of the build process...you can see the old manual pull down screen at the top...and the new fixed screen has space top and bottom for the rollers for masking....

Attachments

• 0001.JPG
    0001.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 770
  • 0005.JPG
    0005.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 666
  • 1212.JPG
    1212.JPG
    23.3 KB · Views: 839
Looks :cool: Han Solo looks amazing and an amazing idea.

wilders said:
*** MODS - CAN THIS BE MOVED TO HOME CINEMA GALLERY PLEASE ***

Your wish is my command :D

Thanks for the comments, no real plans to get a sub at the moment, the MA's are pretty bassey as they are, and my 2 kids sleep directly above this room - and they moan about the bass as it is!!!!

And the Hans solo cost about £400 all in, plus my time (a couple of days), quite expensive, but worth it I think....
The sides of the unit match the front, so once the door is shut (with a nice little push catch), it does look like the proverbial 'block of carbonite'!!!

WOW! Very nice.
No offence, just my view. Your AV equipment stacked under your screen looks a bit messy, maybe a rack on the side would look neater.

But it might be hard to re-wire etc. I think. Anyway, loving to Hans Solo!

God I wish I'd thought of that Han Solo thing its fantastic, really nice setup:thumbsup:

Great looking set-up, love the colour of the walls. :thumbsup:

Awesome. Love that set up.

ash said:
WOW! Very nice.
No offence, just my view. Your AV equipment stacked under your screen looks a bit messy, maybe a rack on the side would look neater.

But it might be hard to re-wire etc. I think. Anyway, loving to Hans Solo!

To be honest I haven't really got any side walls with any space to put a rack (Hans takes up a fair bit of room!!!), and I thought it looks a lot neater with the equipment flush with the walls and no cables showing.....still, horses for courses I suppose.... :thumbsup:

And thanks for all the comments, Im pretty happy with it so far :clap:

Ladies and Gentlemen, the award for best DVD storage goes to........

Wilders, for his Han Solo cupboard!

It looks awesome mate, dont ever post your address on this site cos about 50 people will try and rob you for the Han Solo :)

Its gone up a bit wilders its now on ebay for £999:eek: I think you got a bit of a bargain:smashin: !!!

ash said:
No offence, just my view. Your AV equipment stacked under your screen looks a bit messy
Each to their own i suppose but i think it looks pretty smart, maybe its because the player and amp are different heights; if those gaps had a smoked glass door each say then it would probably look smarter, but as i say to me it still looks smart :)

Looks very nice and must be a delight to watch a film in the room. My only negative comment is the AV equipment under the screen looks abit bland to me

Cheers guys, I guess it may also be the lack of equipment visible, but it's really all I need, I got a spare Digibox behind the wall which isnt on show but feeds the pc, the htpc takes care of music (whole collection is in Itunes), tv for the footy (via Dscaler) and DVDs via Theatertek.

At the moment, I cant think of anything else I need....

And Inzaman - I must admit I nicked the paint colours from reading your cinema thread....

Wilder would you mind posting a picture of the han solo dvd cupboard in this thread?
http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3408734#post3408734
Theres a few people in there who will be very happy to see it!

I think the equipment looks smart on the rack you have. I showed the mrs and she approved of the whole room of course she comented on the sofas and the curtains:rolleyes: Clueless!

wilders said:
Cheers guys, I guess it may also be the lack of equipment visible, but it's really all I need, I got a spare Digibox behind the wall which isnt on show but feeds the pc, the htpc takes care of music (whole collection is in Itunes), tv for the footy (via Dscaler) and DVDs via Theatertek.

At the moment, I cant think of anything else I need....

And Inzaman - I must admit I nicked the paint colours from reading your cinema thread....

I love the way you got a room stuffed with things, posters, projector, Han Solo DVD storage, speakers, screen, screen curtains and even THREE settee's! and still the room doesn't look cluttered, impressive.

I don't think it's the lack of equipment, it's more of a colour thing and how it catches the eye, the room is very consistant until you look under the screen and see four different coloured objects in different places surrounded by the wall colour and then the skirting, screen and curtain colour. There's about 7-8 different contrasting colours in a 3 foot radius. If the amp and DVD player were black it wouldn't get noticed as much or a thin material black curtain at the bottom of the screen.

Ohh, like it, and no its not messy. In fact very smooth line and minimalist to see it you ask me.

As for Han, well it already been said.....

//miceri

PS - Do you dress up as Chewy to watch the films then? :eek:

T800 said:
There's about 7-8 different contrasting colours in a 3 foot radius. If the amp and DVD player were black it wouldn't get noticed as much

Oh no, I know I shouldn't have posted my pics, it's thoughts like these that will end up with me thinking about upgrading my amp and PC case.....she's gonna kill me!!!!!

miceri said:
PS - Do you dress up as Chewy to watch the films then? :eek:

or even worse Slave Leia:rotfl:

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom