RedDevil85

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Links: Amazon.co.uk - Arrow - HMV - Zavvi

Release date: 23/05/2022

WT_LE_4K.jpg

WT_LE_4K (packshot).jpg

Limited Edition contents:
  • New 4K restorations of both the Original Theatrical Version and the Unrated Edition from the original camera negatives by Sony Pictures Entertainment
  • 4K (2160p) UHD Blu-ray presentation in Dolby Vision (HDR10 compatible)
  • Original uncompressed stereo audio and DTS-HD MA 5.1 surround audio
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
  • Exclusive new audio commentary by director John McNaughton and producer Steven A. Jones
  • Commentary by director John McNaughton, cinematographer Jeffrey Kimball, producers Steven A. Jones and Rodney Liber, editor Elena Maganini and score composer George S. Clinton
  • Exclusive new interview with John McNaughton
  • Exclusive new interview with Denise Richards
  • Making of documentary
  • An Understanding Lawyer outtakes
  • Trailer
  • Illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by Anne Billson and Sean Hogan
  • Double-sided fold-out poster
  • Six double-sided, postcard-sized lobby card reproductions
  • Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Sam Hadley

Steelbook options: Wild Things (Zavvi Exclusive) (4K UHD/Blu-ray Steelbook)

Wild Things: Deluxe Edition (Zavvi Exclusive) (4K UHD/Blu-ray Steelbook)

Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Hopefully it's an unrated edition or similar that has more than 3 seconds of the scene that everyone was on about.

Got a lot of viewings when I was a teenager. Also remember it being a fun, twisty, B movie. Happily check it out again.

Hopefully it's an unrated edition or similar that has more than 3 seconds of the scene that everyone was on about.
First line Says it’s contains both versions so it’s a buy from me :D

£24.34 at rarewaves

The 4K disc is missing the stereo track, yet another QC issue at Arrow.

Is there an announcement/replacement programme at Arrow for it? I can only see one for Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer

Is there an announcement/replacement programme at Arrow for it? I can only see one for Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer
This is an interesting one - lots of discussion over at the other place that there was no original stereo track: the original theatrical soundtrack was 5.1. Other releases had a downmixed 2.0 track because back in the day many people didn't have surround systems, but the 5.1 included on this disc was the only original surround mix the film had.

However this can't be fully confirmed.....so who knows.....and even if that is the case, it still means its a snafu but on the packaging rather than on disc. Continued shoddy QC work nonetheless.....but I'd be very surprised if this turned out to be a legit error that warranted a replacement programme.

Last edited:
Thanks, that's good to know. I guess I'll keep an eye on the thread at the other forums and see how it goes, if it's just a packaging error and there's no missing/borked soundtrack I'm not too fussed seeing as the original theatrical is 5.1; all's well if that hasn't been tampered with.

There's actually a Wild Things 2, made in 2004. I haven't seen it but by all accounts it's a pretty bad DTV movie with none of the original cast and crew.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom