1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wild Geese 2

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Setenza, May 30, 2004.

1. Setenza

Setenza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +226
    Now that the first movie has made it onto DVD, will we get the sequel. For those that did not know it, Dickie Burton was slated to appear in it. However, he rather inconsiderately died before filming started. All that we have now are some publicity photo's of him with Barbara Carrerra. Hence Edward Fox was drafted in to play his brother. A cunning an subtle plot device if there ever was one.

I saw this when it first came out for rental. It was released on the Thorn EMI label. During the opening credits we see a montage of Scott Glenn strolling down Carnaby Street inter cut with Edward Fox travelling by black cab. If I remember right, we then see Mr Fox attend a meeting with Robert Webber. He is asked if he wants the job of breaking Hess out of Spandau. He declines. Reference is made to the fact that Fox is the brother of Colonel Alan Faulkner and that the job was originally offered to him. I cannot recall whether it is stated that Burton previous character is now deceased.

Anyway, when the film was released a few years later on sell-thru on the Cannon label (they had bought out part of Thorn EMI), this scene was missing.

It is also worth noting that the film was given a theatrical release with a 15 certificate, yet was upgraded to a 18 for it's video release. I believe that this may have been due to the torture by plastic bag sequence, which the BBFC in their infinite wisdom felt may be easily imitated.

Also, any film that knee-caps Charlie Fairhead from Casualty, can't be all bad :thumbsup:

2. Setenza

Setenza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +226
    US VHS release of this film, rather cheekily has Richard Burton on the sleeve!