1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wild at Heart

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by dfield2000, May 14, 2003.

1. dfield2000

dfield2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Anyone received 'Wild at Heart' from Play.com ? Is it out in the shops yet ?

I ordered it from play a couple of weeks ago with a 12/05 release date. They have taken the money via switch, the order is showing a posted on 11/05 (which is a Sunday !), but no disk yet. When I click on the details of the disk, the release date is now showing as 7/7/03 ! what the fudge !!

2. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It was withdrawn at the last minute by Universal as they were unhappy with the transfer.

3. dfield2000

dfield2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I received the disk on the same day as I started this thread. It was waiting for me at home after I got home from work where I posted the message.

Do you think that I should be seeking a replacement ?

4. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well mate, you have a collector's item that could be worth a pretty penny to manic Lynch fans in the future!

http://www.dugpa.com/

Only you can decide whether to return it or not ;)

Personally, I'm holding out for the Reg 1 which is expected to be released in October as this will definitely contain the Lynch-supervised transfer and 5.1 mix. How the re-released Reg 2 will differ to the one that was pulled is a mystery.

5. dfield2000

dfield2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    That makes me even more ****** off now at the fact that my dog had a quick chew of the box before my wife picked it up from the mat. Its got a slight rip on the cover, although the disk itself is fine.

There is a 5.1 mix on it, but there are absolutely no extras. I thought perhaps this was a common thing for a Lych disk, as I can remeber the Mulholland Drive disk that I rented from Blockbuster didn't even have a scene index on it. I think Lynch was quoted as saying something about it being a film and not a book so it didn't need an index. The transfer looked OK to me though.

6. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, extras are rare with Lynch anyway, so I wouldn't worry too much about that.

You're right about chapter stops too - he doesn't like them and there were none on Mulholland Drive. As much as I agree with his reasons, it's nice to be able to delve in and out of a Lynch movie to help cross-reference scenes with each other. Not a biggy though.

I think the main difference with the Reg 1 will be that he's going to make sure the colours, contrast etc are 'just right' according to his 'vision' and that the sounds in the 5.1 mix are coming out of the right speakers at the right time. He's an artist first and foremost remember, so he's all about perfecting the 'mood'.

But if the transfer looks good to you, then don't worry about it. Or you could always buy the Reg 1 when it comes out, compare the two, and then trade on the Reg 2 in the DVD Sales & Wants forum if you prefer the Reg 1 :smoke: