1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wild at Heart - R1 version changed by Lynch

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by english_bob, Dec 4, 2004.

1. english_bob

english_bob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +168
  2. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    HI,

Considering the fact that "Wild At Heart" is as brutal and unflinching as it is, and that this is the man who directed "Blue Velvet" and "Eraserhead", it seems mightily odd that he should approve a censored version of the film! :eek:

I bet that what is probably true, is that Lynch has approved the disc's content (extras, interviews, quality of picture and audio, etc), but the print has been censored, just not necessarily by MGM themselves. They've either been too stupid to realise the print is cut (an accident) or they've deliberately censored it - which for an R-rated Region 1 film, is very, very odd!

Either way, I wouldn't buy it yet! Wait until someone gets a response from MGM! (This is the same company, I believe, that released "The Last House On The Left" uncut and uncensored, from Wes Craven!) Until then, get the uncut Region 2 version, from Gerrmany or the UK.

Pooch

3. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    DVD Breaver says its censored and its a couple of good scenes too including the head exploding by shotgun blast scene, Lynch apparently approved it he's become soft in his old age cos he also approved tinkering with a scene from Mulholland Dr.

I won't buy this version i was waiting all year and now its censored yet its the best looking print out there tsssk i'll settle for region 2 then.

4. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Wasnt the film always cut for R rated ?? and we in europe got the uncut unrated version ?

5. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well with Lynch approving this version and unrated an option for DVD i think the whole matter stinks.

6. CrazyHorse

CrazyHorse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +305
    I was really looking forward to this S.E. but it looks like I'l be keeping hold of my bare bones R2 now. :(