Wil TY-FB8HM work on TH-42PW?

A

arntos

Hi!

As the headline says, wil the TY-FB8HM work on a PW7 and be able to give piqture in 720P and 1080i in 50HZ?

arntos

no, I think that dvi board is 8 series only

It 'might' work, but not at 50Hz, and I think merely inserting it could invalidate your warranty, it is, as mep says, meant for 8 series.

The card that came with the 7 series did work on the 6 series. This is what the guy that sold me the PW6 told me, and he "had it checked".
He is not selling plasmas anymore and can't answer this question.

Technically there is no reason why it should not work in the previous series, and no reason for the manufacturer to tell us so.

Er, not so, mate. The 8 board is listed for 8 series plasmas only. All boards for the 6 work on the 7, except for a couple that are specific. They too have '7' model numbers, not '6' like the rest.

The 7 series HDMI board wasn't supposed to work in the 6 series iaw manufacturer, and that's my point. What is possible, even if it's not listed by the manufacturer?

Well, the 7 series HDMI does not work with the 6 AFAIK, the DVI does, but not very well. The 8 series board is actually marketed as 'only for 8 series' so try it at your peril.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom