Wikileaks - good or bad?

Rape charges that were dropped by the original prosecutor.

"Late last week, the internet payment giant PayPal froze 60,000 euros of donations to the German charity the Wau Holland Foundation, which were targeted to promote the sharing of knowledge via Wikileaks," Wikileaks said in a statement.

ISP under continued denial of service attack

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not sure I agree with what Wikileaks are doing but compared to the to what is happening to Wikileaks itself these just seem wrong in the extreme. It certainly seems that the agencies employed to keep law and order cannot follow there rules?

One for rule for us, one rule for them....

If he's do something wrong, arrest him and charge for that, rather being deceitful and lowering to his level as it just reinforcing his stand.

Last edited:
I like wikileaks, I just wished the us would get their own security in order instead of hunting down the publicist. They have some very serious problem with people who have confidential and top secret access not only to their information but also that of their NATO partners. Yet what do they do, run a bad campaign against the only public face of wikileaks.

You could perhaps stretch a case for indiscretions made by a career civil servant (even though such things are supposedly said in confidence) but I think the Wikileaks founder will have little support for leaking that particular document of infrastructure deemed important

BBC said:
There are obvious pieces of strategic infrastructure like communications hubs, gas pipelines and so on. However, other facilities on the list include:

• Cobalt mine in Congo
  • Anti-snake venom factory in Australia
  • Insulin plant in Denmark

so the antivenom factory and insulin plant were top secret locations? :facepalm:

Read the link
In February 2009 the State Department asked all US missions abroad to list all installations whose loss could critically affect US national security.
Who is saying anything about top-secret hide outs?

He's been arrested...

Now that’s he’s arrested I assume he will get a solicitor. As he believes in putting information in the public eye can I assume he will waiver his client/solicitor confidentiality and will be putting everything discussed between them in the public eye?

Looks like the Australian PM is trying to wash her hands of him too.

what is it about dubious south east Asian politicians and the Premiere League football clubs of Manchester?

Same with Abramovich and Chelsea. It means they can always bail to England if things get too hot back home.

Last edited:
I can't believe Mr Assange tried to get his bail address not released by the court. Obviously the judge told him that supporting that request would go against Mr Assanges values.:D

What would the outcome be if someone were to make a donation to Wikileaks :confused:
wM6u3.gif

I thought it was fascinating that the judge allowed the trial to be relayed live via twitter. Hopefully when the appeal fail, he will get released.

I wonder if that was just him making a point that individuals are not allowed privacy, but governments are...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom