Wiki on HDTV 1:1 Pixelmapping

azirath

Standard Member
Hi,

Like alot of other people ive been getting very frustrated about the lack of information about exactly which HDTV's(both RP, plasma and LCD) actually support recieving a video signal from a PC over DVI-HDMI (or failing that, VGA) at the TVs native resolution displaying it without scaling or overscan.

I thought it would be a good idead to create a website to hold such information. Towards that end i have created a Wiki at wikispaces.com called pixelmapping.wikispaces.com in which i hope to create an up-to-date view on what is known about this topic so far. Its a public Wiki meaning everybody can edit it ( no registration/login required ). I have added a little basic information myself, and hope that others will help add information on more TVs. Just in this forum i can already tell that there is alot of information on some specific TVs, so lets help each other out by summarising this information, so that people dont have to check 50 forums on the net and read 500 posts long threads to find out whether a given TV supports 1:1 pixelmapping.

Other information regarding displays for HTPCs etc, are also welcome.

Its all very much a work in progress :)

The Wiki is available at: http://pixelmapping.wikispaces.com

interesting site and v useful

i am currently torn between geting a LG that can pixelmap and getting a tosh that cant or Just giving up!

smidster

Standard Member
I'm not in a position to add to the site (technically I'm not is a position to advise anyone), but as a novice HTPC & LCD user, I think it is very useful, so thanks for your efforts.:)

azirath

Standard Member
Spacecat said:
interesting site and v useful

i am currently torn between geting a LG that can pixelmap and getting a tosh that cant or Just giving up!
I understand your pain, the Tosh does look pretty good from what i have seen. Actually the 1080p is still on my list of maybe's, since im not 100% sure that it cannot do 1:1 pixel mapping(but from reading this forum and elsewhere it does look bleak).

The most painful thing is that in the US you can have your choice of 1080p 1:1 LCDs such as Westinghouse and Sceptre, and they are dirt cheap too :) A bit risky to import though, the power plug problem aside, its a long way to go if there is a problem with it :) (assuming you only connect to a HTPC, because otherwise the tuner is also incompatible ).

azirath

Standard Member
smidster said:
I'm not in a position to add to the site (technically I'm not is a position to advise anyone)
Thats certainly okay! But if you happen to connect a PC to a TV one day and get 1:1 pixelmapping, be sure to report it! Home theater PCs/mediacenters are getting more and more common, and hence pixel mapping is also becoming more of a concern

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies
Top Bottom