Wii's causing damage...

sjw

Nintendo are now warning people not to be so 'excited' with their Wiimotes..
Thing is, if Nintendo's products failing directly causes (very expensive) damage, shouldn't they be liable.
See here... and here.. Those straps look flimsy.
Be careful kids...

Nintendo are now warning people not to be so 'excited' with their Wiimotes..
Thing is, if Nintendo's products failing directly causes (very expensive) damage, shouldn't they be liable.
See here... and here.. Those straps look flimsy.
Be careful kids...
Unfortunately lots of people may think they should be liable...I am still from the generation that people have a responsibility of their own.....You are supposed to hold on to the remote control, not let go of it like with a real bowling ball or a baseball....

sjw

I know you're supposed to keep hold etc. and I'm pretty far from today's 'let's claim' mentality BUT things can quite easily slip out of your hand and that's why they've got a strap on. But it seems to snap..
Imagine how happy you'd be with a big crack down your 40" plasma.
Don't forget kids will be using these..

Torment74

Standard Member
Oh dear, here we go. Warnings for the terminally STUPID. *Newsflash* - holding an object and throwing it causes damage :)

sjw

Warning for the terminally sarcastic.
*Newsflash* - people know that holding an object and throwing it causes damage.
That's probably why they didn't do it on purpose and used the (unfit for purpose) retaining strap..

I haven't got mine, but it looks to me like people are not using the retaining strap properly based upon the education that Nintendo send out.....One element is near the remote, and the second is to tighten it against the wrist...So that when it is slipped out of the hand (which I can understand can happen) the impact is not just on the connection with the remote....But I am guessing that just like with seatbelts people don't like that and will blame someone else in our culture....

If it happens to me, no I wouldn't be happy on my 43inch plasma....My projector screen won't mind though.....And that will probably the first time I will claim on my household insurance....

It must be people be too energetic with it

I got mine home this morning and my 5 year old Nephew spent 30 mins on it and not once did it nearly fly out his hand. IN fact he even kept checking the strap!

Solar

Unfortunately lots of people may think they should be liable...
i call that, Americanism :devil: (sue them for all they have)
im like you though, if i didnt take care of my own things then thats my problem, not the manufacturer.
Not a lot of people see it that way though

sjw

Sometimes you wonder why you bother..:(
Which bit of this has got to do with controlling your arms or legs?

Oh, and I haven't dropped a controller either. Which part of my post (trying to tell people to be careful) make me a numpty or GIMP? People are so brave on the 'net..

Torment74

Standard Member
I apologies for my out burst - I get so wound up that people these days take no responsibility for there actions. The Wii is a great peace of kit and if people are sensible they will have a ton of fun. To be honest if the games are that exciting then what's a few vases here and there. :)

Vases, and lets not forget the christmas decorations....I can see that in our house we'll be trying to avoid each other and probably bump into the Christmas tree....Makes my wife happy so she'll be justified to buy all new decorations again :)

kreeeee

Novice Member
It must be people be too energetic with it

I got mine home this morning and my 5 year old Nephew spent 30 mins on it and not once did it nearly fly out his hand. IN fact he even kept checking the strap!
Unfortunately a lot of adults in america don't appear to be as bright as your nephew.