Wiimote Strap

hpoom

Established Member
Reaction score
OK, according to this site. http://gonintendo.com/?p=10032
The strap has been upgraded. Now I can't check mine (as xmas present) but the misses tells me the in box wiimote has a thinner strap then the one that came with Wii Play.

Do you think Nintendo will send me a thicker strap for my origional wiimote? And if so who can I go about it (or how can the misses go about it so all is OK for xmas day)?

What ahout other people do you have thin or thick straps? Or a mix?

i have one of each, dont know which is which though

didn't notice any difference, but i'll have a look tonight.
i don't know what people have been doing when they've broken one. I'm obviously too careful!

The strap on the WiiMote with Wii Play is a lot thinner than the one that came with the console.

Has anyone actually lobbed one yet? I heard someone is filing a lawsuit in the US regarding personal damage! :rolleyes:

The strap on the WiiMote with Wii Play is a lot thinner than the one that came with the console.

Yeah I noticed that too, so when I play multiplayer I think I'll have that one as I haven't lost grip of a controller yet.

I think it's all down to stupidty and carelessness that some people are throwing them though, I know kids have an excuse as they can get excited and they have smaller hands, but all these stories on the net appear to be adults.

Does anyone know if the nunchuks are hard to get hold of? I need one for my second Wii mote.

My kids or Mrs havnt let go of the controller yet, and the youngest is 2 :confused:

I have never come close to it slipping out of my hands. I think its one of these "only in America" occasions myself.

I don't plan on it coming out of my hands, but I can't say the same for my drunken freinds. I just wondered if Nintendo would send me a thicker one to replace the thin one I have? Should I email their customer services???

I have emailed Nintendo UK Customer Service, see if I get a reply now.

OK 2 days and still no reply. Has anybody else figured out how to get a thin strap replaced?

How about this kinky effort?

01kz4.jpg

...nice and solid

:D

The straps on mine are absolutely identical. The woven lanyard that attaches the straps to the Wiimote are not, but they are woven strands so there shouldn't be a strength issue anyway.

Yes mine are the same. The actual straps are the same, it's just the bits that attach the strap to the controller, one is thinner then the other.

From what I understand from posts in the US, it is the lanyard bit that breaks. Indeed the remotes with WiiPlay are what the US refers to as old design, and the one in the console box, is the newer stronger design.

Still, it looks damned hard to break one!

Jonathan

Yep, but my point is if Nintnedo have changed the design then they accept the old design is not good enough. And if that is the case I want my old one replaced with a new one. I just need to find out how to get a reply from Nintendo.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom