Wiimote battery life

hutch

Distinguished Member
3 days solid and still showing as full !!!

How the hell does that work :eek:

fizzgog

steggy

Novice Member
I'm down to two bars on one remote. Still waiting for my charger from amazon. Hope they hold out long enough.

I blame my 10 hours on Zelda for this :D

Mafro

Novice Member
Mines is starting to get pretty low after roughly 30 hours of playing.

willp2003

I put a couple of high power rechargable ones in mine and there still on 3 bars. i've turned off the sound and rumble to save power tho.

dan1979

There's a batter indicator somewhere on the main menu screen. Also if you press a button on the controller when the machine is off the number of lights that flash is how many bars of battery life are left.

hutch

Distinguished Member
press the home button at any time and its at the bottom of the screen :)

Demon Luci

Distinguished Member
Pressing the any button on the controller when the console is switched off works too.

It will briefly flash the number of lights, ie 1-4 depending on how much battery is left.

I was going to buy some rechargeables for it it but ending up buying a 36 pack of AAs from Costco instead. Should last ages.

RDB :)

norealplan

Wilko's are doing rechargeable batteries cheap right now, 4 for £4.99 or charger and 4 batteries for £6.99.

I've replaced my batteries, but have been playing it quite a lot, and usually involves the nunchuck.

moofie

From the hours clocked up on the Wii messageboard thingy, I got about 25 hours out of my packed in batteries.

MANGABOY

Novice Member
http://www.firebox.com/index.html?dir=firebox&action=product&pid=1625&src_t=sbk&src_id=usbcell

If anyones going through batteries on their Will remote pretty quick an alternative could be getting usbcell batteries at the above link. They recharge simply by unscrewing the top and plugging into any USB port. Ingenius. They got pretty good reviews. They come in packs of two at £12.95, so I've ordered two, one set to go in my Wii remote and the others to go into the 2 wireless mice I have

marcstang

I clocked up 19 hrs on Zelda, at least 2 hrs on the menu and wii creation, and approx 3-4 hrs on wii sports, and my battery indicator still shows it as 3/4 full.

With a bit of luck it won't run out till my charger and re-chargeable batteries arrive though :thumbsup:

kreeeee

Novice Member
http://www.firebox.com/index.html?dir=firebox&action=product&pid=1625&src_t=sbk&src_id=usbcell

If anyones going through batteries on their Will remote pretty quick an alternative could be getting usbcell batteries at the above link. They recharge simply by unscrewing the top and plugging into any USB port. Ingenius. They got pretty good reviews. They come in packs of two at £12.95, so I've ordered two, one set to go in my Wii remote and the others to go into the 2 wireless mice I have
They're meant to have very poor battery life as they have a very low rated mAh rating.

Mafro

Novice Member
I wonder how long it will be before someone releases a rechargable battery pack.

danvitale

Novice Member
Its a shame Nintendo couldnt bring out a play and charge equivilent.. the console does have a USB port in the rear....

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More

Latest News

LG SIGNATURE OLED R TV now available in South Korea
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
LG Display teams with Disney for OLED Projects
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Campfire Audio updates Vega and Dorado earphones
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Oppo launches S1 and R1 4K smart TVs
  • By Andy Bassett