Wiimote batteries... Rechargeable?

Phil_Boggild

Novice Member
I've got a Wii winging its merry way to me, and have even managed to secure copies of Wii Play (with the remote) and an extra nunchuck, both courtesy of Gameplay.

My question is, am I just going to need to eat through numerous pairs of AA batteries? I hate that. Hate it. Is there currently any way to recharge the Wiimote (like you can with the 360)? I know there's a charging station on the way, but I'm not that patient.

>Jaz<

Novice Member
Use rechargeable NiMH's, they'll last longer and charge fastest, even if they're a few bob more ;)

addyb

Distinguished Member
Use rechargeable NiMH's, they'll last longer and charge fastest, even if they're a few bob more ;)
Yeh i got some of these the other day. Never had any before. 1st charge took 7 hours to complete.. do charges after this take as long or would they be shorter? Also wondered how many hours im likely to get with them. They are 2200's if thats of any help?

ihenry

Think I need some rechargeables too - I had to change my 1st controllers batteries today, and that is after only 1 week of moderate useage!
We have left the machine on while watching TV which may drained them a bit, but still I was expecting more than 1 week, my xbox wireless controller batteries last for months.

DistortionNat

Definatly get rechargable batteries. Whats the point of going through pack after pack of Duracell AA when you can get a Ever Ready fast charger with 6 AA for about a tenner!

MyBigToe

Novice Member
can anyone direct me to a good set (need 8 at least i suppose) thats not too expensive?

including charger

nickp8

Novice Member

>Jaz<

Novice Member
Yeh i got some of these the other day. Never had any before. 1st charge took 7 hours to complete.. do charges after this take as long or would they be shorter? Also wondered how many hours im likely to get with them. They are 2200's if thats of any help?
First charge is normally longer... if they continue to charge for longer than you want, I recommend looking into a 15 minute charger :thumbsup:

R

richardsway

I bought a load of batteries and a 6 cell fast smart charger from 7dayshop............can easily keep on top all the kids battery thirsty toys.

secretagent2

I am just gonna use normal battery for now, until there is a dock charger thing out, then i can just leave the wiimotes on there overnight.

breakersrevenge

Trying to save money, went to poundland for some batteries.

crap, lasted a couple of days, got some carrot top ones today!!

The latest video from AVForums

LG SN11RG Dolby Atmos Soundbar, plus, XBOOM Go PN7 & PL7 Wireless Speaker Reviews
Top Bottom