Wiiing on a plasma

Gadget Daddy

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Is it possible?

I dont have a clue how this new fandangled controller works but will it work on a plasma, the reason i ask is that you have to get a "special" light gun on the xbox if you wanna use a shooter type game virtua cop silent scope etc

Cheers
Pete

it doesn't use the tv...it uses a sensor bar that sits on or below your tv....

its small and discreet and sits in front of my lcd and it works really well..

yes it will, no worries, it aint no crappy light gun!:)

cheers guys, thought for one horrible moment that i would have to use it on our w@nky CRT in the dining room.

phew

EDITED : Im talking like i have 1.......im currently in limbo regarding an order on amazon its in the "Dispatching Soon" phase

good luck mate!

you will be glad youv'e got that plasma for your wii, esp when you have to split the screen for the tennis.

I've got mine coming on Monday and knew about the IR sensor, but I would be interested to know if someone with a Plasma has it working correctly. I ask as my plasma gets in the way (a little) of IR from my DVD recorder remote.

Steve

hi i have mine working on a plasma and it is fantastic no problems at all

same here mate!
don't worry Steve, the only problem you will have is achey arms and thinkin you are a wicked baseball player!:thumbsup:

At this risk of going off topic I have to ask, do you think you need a glove/cover for the controller to reduce the risk of throwing it at your plasma??:D

Steve

i think so i have found when i play the baseball and the boxing my hands sweat and it slips a bit

I don't think so, its been a while but I can't ever remember chuckin a tennis racket across the net at the other guy. you just grip it like you would in "real" life. If your hands get a bit sweaty you wipe em, try it first before you order any covers. i think the remote looks so good as it is, it would be a shame to cover it with any cheap silicone covers.

I got some gloves if nothing else but to protect the controller from sweaty hands over time. The disadvantage is if you get a game that requires you to use 1,2,-,+ and home it would be better playing without it. I dont think the grip is massively improved but it is certainly more comfortable for longer gaming sessions in my opinion.

so is nothing done sat down leisurely? or is it all frantic jumping around ?, if its the latter then its a good job we have concrete floors :rotfl:

i think so i have found when i play the baseball and the boxing my hands sweat and it slips a bit
okay mate , i posted before seeing this, maybe its just different for different people. Maybe my tennis example wasnt the best cos you might not have worried too much about throwin a tennis racket at your mate but the thought of our precious plasmas gettin smashed is making us all super careful?
i must admit when the girlfriends mom was nearly bowling thru to next door the other night i did have a few worries!:D

so is nothing done sat down leisurely? or is it all frantic jumping around ?, if its the latter then its a good job we have concrete floors :rotfl:

While you can do big swings of the wiimote in most cases just flicking it using the wrist has the same effect. For the most part you can sit down and play. The only games so far that may require you to stand up and do a big swing would be golf and baseball in Wii Sports.

I think you could do most of the movements as much smaller ones by carefully manipulating the wiimote. But to be honest, it takes away from the point of what Nintendo was trying to achieve. In a way, its cheating. The whole concept with Sports, was to allow you to move just like you were really playing.

LOL, reminds me of a mate of mine. He gets like a puddle in is hand when playing a PES marathon, I just get little amount of sweat on my hand.

At this risk of going off topic I have to ask, do you think you need a glove/cover for the controller to reduce the risk of throwing it at your plasma??:D

Steve

Ive had no problems so far. The only problem I have is the fear of it actually happening. My folks were playing on mine today and all I kept saying was "have you got a tight grip of the wiimote" " Make sure you dont drop it". I couldnt help but picture the wiimote flying into my 50" LG. I think some 3rd party will come out with some kind of grip or something at some point which will just ease peoples minds.......Ill be buying one when they do, just so I dont annoy everyone by constantly reminding them to keep a tight grip just in case :)

cant believe no one has said "don't wii on your plasma" they really don't like it and don't think your be able to claim water damage on your insurance :)

The Wii works brilliantly on my Panny Plasma, even with the composite lead. Bright, crisp, colourful and crystal clear. Fabulous.

Just make sure you wear your Remote wrist strap and you have plenty of room to play. It's unbelievable fun. Enjoy ! :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom