Wiifit - bad disc? Causes crash

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii-U & 3DS' started by Morphies, Jun 14, 2009.

1. Morphies

Morphies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    Ok, So I have a wiikey modiefied Wii.

I bought a wiifit the other day (Thursday) Had to update the wii which I did to 4.0E.

Couldn't get it to load on the day, kept hanging after around 10 seconds of initial os startup.

Managed to get it going by starting up without the wiifit disc in the drive, then slipping it in and away we went. We had a good couple of hour session on it no issues atall.

Come to fire it up again today and it will not kick up with the disc in, same lock up routine everytime. If I fire it up without the disc in, I can browse all the settings and menus. Insert the disc, It doesn't recognise it and just locks up.

There doesn't appear to be any significant scratches on it, and I do look after my discs, that and it;s only been out the bloomin box twice!

Wii Sports and Wii play discs both work fine which leads me to a bad disc.

Anyone had/dealt with a similar problem?

2. Morphies

Morphies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    Thanks tetlee - figured this was a seperate issue.

Ok, the suspected bad disc. I borrowed 3 new discs from friends, all did exactly the same.

So, I installed the USB loader tool and stuck an old 500gig external sata drive on it.

Fired up USB loader and started the installation to drive procedure, it asked for the disc, I bunged MY copy in, and it installed it fine.

Removed the disc from the drive and launched from the external HDD.

SWMBO is currently panting away on it at the moment.

Weired. But solved.