• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Wii U Digital Points Cards To Download Games?

AnthonyG

Distinguished Member
I am considering getting the Wii U but like my other consoles I want to go digital download only for it.

I am trying find if you can get digital points cards for the Wii U to allow you to buy digital Wii U games.

I have found nintendo points cards mentioned on Amazon but they seem rather sparse to buy and I am worried they may not even work for the Wii U and be standard Wii only. Can anyone confirm if they do work for the Wii U?

And if not if there is a way to get points cards to get digital game downloads for the Wii U cheaper.

Vagabond

Maybe not much help but just incase you didn't realise, Game sell digital Wii U games.

I've bought a couple from them due to having Game credit but it may be worth comparing their prices.

-Gonzo-

Distinguished Member
Nintendo points cards can only be used on the Wii Shop on the Wii side.
For WiiU you need eShop cards. You can also add eShop funds to your account directly on the WiiU via a credit/debit card.
When it comes to certain games I'd recommend looking at Game using their online store as usually they offer a specific games download code for a lot less that the original eShop price.
For new releases that's exactly what I do, and the only time I will buy directly from the eShop is when they have an offer on certain games that take my fancy.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom