Wii to PS3 and back to Wii !

spaceman763

Established Member
Reaction score
No real reason for this post other than to say I am coming back home to the Wii !:D

Like many, my original Wii had been gathering dust, so was sold in Xmas 08 and duly replaced with a shiny new PS3. Yes the PS3 is an awesome machine with all its media capabilities and jaw dropping visuals but as a husband, father and casual gamer, I found being isolated in a room for lengthy periods of time to be rather unsettling. The wife and kid had no interest in the PS3 no matter how much I tried to get them involved.

Well, the PS3 has now been sold and I have just bought my second Wii an hour ago. To think, that my 3 year old used to switch on the Wii, select Baby Princess and race around the first circuit in Mario Kart all by herself is a real testament to the genius behind the design. Well done Nintendo.:thumbsup:

Has anyone else sold a Wii only to go back to it again?

I sold my wii a while back and recently got a US Wii although i still have a ps3 as well.

I have found here and other forums that the new homebrew hack and the capabilities of homebrew including the excellent usb harddrive loader has and will continue to bring back more ex- wii owners.

I'm always buying consoles, and sellng them to buy them again :suicide:

I have done that with the wii many times, there's something about the wii that draws me back, but after a while I soon get bored and crave something else, I then get bored of that and the cycle begins again.

I'm always buying consoles, and sellng them to buy them again :suicide:

I have done that with the wii many times, there's something about the wii that draws me back, but after a while I soon get bored and crave something else, I then get bored of that and the cycle begins again.

Same here, but I have only ever bought and sold one Wii and doubt very much if I would get another

I've never seen a PS3, but do have a Wii and can totally see where you are coming from :smashin:

My first gaming machine, which my kids were brought up on, was the ubiquitous SNES, which also had Mario Kart in it's line up.

It just goes to show, you can't beat the old classics :thumbsup:

Whilst my son-in-law is into all the latest GOW type stuff, I can't see it and neither can any of my grandkids, go figure :confused:

It seems there is too much focus on battle games and games that have all round playability seem to be lower priority. Wii sports is an exception, but the likes of Wii play and Paper Mario are rubbish, imo.

Fwiw, my latest and most long-lasting game is Space invaders on the DS :rotfl:

I sold my wii back along (got it with a contract phone) but alas, have a new one now. Also have an Xbox 360, PS3 and PS2. But I love the wii because its a more interactive console. You move around more and its more beneficial, where as sitting down playing games for long hours is bad for the body! I wont be parting with the wii this time! Shame it isnt online in the same way all the others are! To be able to connect and play against random people on the net would have been a really good idea! (Unless I'm missing something...?)

I sold my wii back along (got it with a contract phone) but alas, have a new one now. Also have an Xbox 360, PS3 and PS2. But I love the wii because its a more interactive console. You move around more and its more beneficial, where as sitting down playing games for long hours is bad for the body! I wont be parting with the wii this time! Shame it isnt online in the same way all the others are! To be able to connect and play against random people on the net would have been a really good idea! (Unless I'm missing something...?)

I wasn't sure about this myself, but it seems you are missing something;

List of Wii Wi-Fi Connection games - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

playable over Nintendo's servers :smashin:

I must admit that I just tend to buy them all at launch and be done with it. I know from experience that I gravitate to different platforms at different times in their cycles so I may as well just hold onto them and play each one as and when.

My Wii gets played now and again, the wife is playing Little Kings Story as we speak, but I tend to play more on the PS3 or 360 personally.

I do think the wii is more of a friends and family based console, but its so better to be moving around throughout the game then to be sat down. I mean I just played Wanted: Weapons of fate on the 360 and it becomes a struggle to sit there and play (but at same time I wanted to know what happens next) but since I am good at the tennis on wii sports, I play that alot! :D lol

Since I have all the consoles now that I want... It's time to build up my final fantasy collection! The FF's for the wii look quite interesting, but just wish they were like FFX!

My wii is owned and Maintained by the wife and my daughter:devil: when the wii first came out and the games that it had i always said that it had some mean games underneath all the pomp of family games.

Absoloutely loved Mario Galaxy Mario Kart Resi Evil wii fit and other titles but now the market has been saturated by some real rubbish orientated by the family market so now i leave it to the wife and the my little girl.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom