Wii Tennis

ArtfulOwl

Standard Member
Reaction score
Sorry if some one has asked this already but..........

.....How do you power serve?

It doesn't always work, but this works for me:

press a and quickly wiggle you hand/fist left to right.

I swing the remote up in a fluid arc then back down again, not too fast or too slow and it works about 20% of the time.

I listen for the "whoop" as you throw the ball up, then swing as soon as it's finished. I works for me most of the time.

Cool, i was wondering if you could do anything on the serve apart from standard one that goes straight to opponent.

the tennis game to me seems rubbish the ball just seems to lob over the net every time and you cant seem to aim right or even apply any type of spin !.

I no nintendo is really aimed at kids etc but would love for them to release a proper tennis game or even bowling were it was taken a bit more serious.

Love tennis and it def does make a diff how you hit or the different motions you make make a diff.

Power serve is hit and miss but I push a wait till its at highest point and quick swift down motion seems to work.

the tennis game to me seems rubbish the ball just seems to lob over the net every time and you cant seem to aim right or even apply any type of spin !.

I no nintendo is really aimed at kids etc but would love for them to release a proper tennis game or even bowling were it was taken a bit more serious.

I originally thought the same mate, but the more ive played it the more ive got the hang of doing different kind of shots, now i can do some great lobs, really fast backhands and forehands and even dink ones over the net!
Its still a basic game but there is a little more to it than what you think!

to do the power serve you have to hit the ball at its highest when you throw it up. i have it down quite well.

what i would like to know is how do you put spin on the ball, i can get topspin no problem, but how do you get it to spin "sideways"? like the computer players do to you when your on higher levels

Change how late or early you hit the ball - you'll hit it up the court if you leave it late, and across court if you hit early. By hitting late, it's even possible to hit across the other side of the court. In this respect, it works exactly like my previous fave tennis game, Tennis Addict on the Pocket PC.

I'm still working on slices, fast balls lobs etc, but it's to do with either remote orientation or swing. Some people who were playing in work tday were lobbing everything, others were doing a high percentage of low, fast shot,s so it's possible.

Perservere. :)

I love the "tennis is rubbish" comments, I would love to film a video of me playing against an 1800 rated opponent (I'm up to pro level now), you would not believe how many different shots you can pull off and how accurately you can place a shot once you get used to it.

People are confusing "the controls are rubbish" with "I'm not an expert yet"...in real life anyone can pick up a tennis racquet and hit a few shots, but you need to practice to get better, Wii Tennis is no different.

to do the power serve you have to hit the ball at its highest when you throw it up. i have it down quite well.

what i would like to know is how do you put spin on the ball, i can get topspin no problem, but how do you get it to spin "sideways"? like the computer players do to you when your on higher levels

to do a sideways spin shot just try to replicate how you would do it in real life. as you hit the ball normally, tilt your hand so the buttons of the remote face the ceiling!

on a different note!! ive become very addicted to the first tennis training game where you just have to return as many balls inside the court as possible. got a high score of 88 so far. trying for 100+

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom