Wii Sports Golf - Anyone got a hole in one?

27WL46

Standard Member
As title suggests, has anyone done this? I came really close whilst playing a nine hole match earlier on today. but even my near miss seemed a one in a thousand shot. Certainly couldn't repeat that accuracy again.

Im sure though my games improved since picking up the Joytech sports pack last week!

Tiger Woods watch out!!

Rob

dan1979

Yep and a couple of near misses, think it was the hole where there's a long winding path to the green on top of a mountain which is a par 3.

The ball bounced up and hit the pin and spun into the air, it then rolled down the length of the pin as if it as stuck to it and straight down the hole, absolutely bizarre.

Cowden_harley

cant wait to play this. I can imagine what Tiger Woods will be like when it arrives. Pity it wont be online, would be great beating your mates actually playing the golf.

F

Fatwaz

Theres a good looking golf game out in January in America but not planned here. Im gutted.
super swing golf???looks more like an arcade type game rather than a proper sim,with powered up shots and silly obstacles in the way.really hoping tiger woods does the biz.

steggy

Novice Member
super swing golf???looks more like an arcade type game rather than a proper sim,with powered up shots and silly obstacles in the way.really hoping tiger woods does the biz.
The PC version is quite good so I'm hoping that the Wii version will be better.

It goes by the name of albatross18 for the PC and is free to download.

F

Fatwaz

cheers for that ill check it out

kez

Distinguished Member
got a copy right here :cool:

just waiting for my console :(

Sicknote10

Novice Member
come close to a hole in one on a few occasions on one of the par 3s
managed to get a double eagle on one of the par 5s though :clap:

kez

Distinguished Member

cheers. downloading now. i loved 'everybody's golf' on the psp :thumbsup:

kez

Distinguished Member
come close to a hole in one on a few occasions on one of the par 3s
managed to get a double eagle on one of the par 5s though :clap:
what's a double eagle?

isn't three under an albatross? :confused:

hillster

mncollyer

Standard Member
I got one on hole 2 on beginner practice it bounced on the edge of the green and dropped in on 2nd bounce.:thumbsup:

enablerbro1

Probably old hat now but I scored a hole in one on the 2nd hole about a week back. Hit the pole and slid down. Went mental but was a bit disappointed with the lack of fireworks etc in the game. It was like, "Hole in one .... whatever. Nothing to see here.". Best score so far is -8 which I managed once, have had -7 a couple of times and -4s and -6s. Some real stinkers of rounds too though. :) Such an easy pick up and play game.

Tetlee

Distinguished Member
Probably old hat now but I scored a hole in one on the 2nd hole about a week back. Hit the pole and slid down. Went mental but was a bit disappointed with the lack of fireworks etc in the game. It was like, "Hole in one .... whatever. Nothing to see here.". Best score so far is -8 which I managed once, have had -7 a couple of times and -4s and -6s. Some real stinkers of rounds too though. :) Such an easy pick up and play game.
I've had several -7s, got so close to -8 too many times but I think the nerves always cause to to fluff the last hole, even with reaching a nice spot on the green in two:(

Still haven't achieved a hole in one yet, finished just inches from the hole once, only for my mate to follow and actually get the hole-in-one straight after:mad: It was mine I tell you....mine!

enablerbro1

I'd say that a score of -12 is doable if you can string together all the holes, get on the greens in minimum strokes and nail your putts once on the green. Anything better than -12 would have to include a far greater slice of luck. I've eagled the 9th quite a few times but it's all 90% hitting in the right direction and 10% luck, sometimes the greens just don't do what you expect. Had some success chipping in but that's probably 50% hitting the right direction and 50% luck.

Very satisfying though.

:)

enablerbro1

Had a chance at -10 last night but a 15 headwind meant I couldn't get across the islands in 2 so had no chance to eagle the 9th hole. Birdied it though so I'm down to -9.

:)

It included chipping in for an eagle from the bunker on the 3rd. Totally flukey shot.

Grammie

Standard Member
Yes, last night on the second hole. I had to take a picture of my score card.

Does anyone find the 7th hole the worst of the round?

Sly Fly

I got my "Stamp" on Wii Sports Resort - Golf for a round of -18. Quite chuffed :)

Birdie on the first, then a par, then Eagle, and then a string of 15 birdies. Included some very lucky putts mind you... :smashin:

enablerbro1

I got my "Stamp" on Wii Sports Resort - Golf for a round of -18. Quite chuffed :)

Birdie on the first, then a par, then Eagle, and then a string of 15 birdies. Included some very lucky putts mind you... :smashin:
How does the wii sports resort compare with the original wii sports golf? I've dusted off my clubs and have a game to upload to youtube with a beautiful double eagle. Never beaten my -9 but came close a couple of times.