Wii Region Coding

SwinBob72

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I have read that Wii discs are region coded, but will the Wii only play it's own region's GC discs.

I have a load of GC games, but 90% are US discs. Will these play on a Wii with no fuss? If not has anyone tried FreeLoader on the Wii?

I have read that Wii discs are region coded, but will the Wii only play it's own region's GC discs.

I have a load of GC games, but 90% are US discs. Will these play on a Wii with no fuss? If not has anyone tried FreeLoader on the Wii?

unfortunately they dont(FL/AR doesnt even work either), which means my entire US collection is now redundant as im not having my GC hooked up aswell!

damn nintendo to hell!

If 90% of your GC games are US then it would probaley be better for you to keep your Gamecube or get a US Wii.

unfortunately they dont(FL/AR doesnt even work either), which means my entire US collection is now redundant as im not having my GC hooked up aswell!

damn nintendo to hell!

Not true, Freeloader version 1.06b is having quite a decent success rate with a lot of people, so it might be worth spending that extra £10 on that version of the freeloader, even if you're unlucky and it doesn't work for you it's only £10 and you could sell it on eBay. Apparantly they're making a Freeloader specifically for the Wii, so I'm guessing that it will work for both Wii and GC games.

SHPanda

I believe thats the US wii that works with freeloader, i believe all PAL consoles dont work with freeloader or AR.

tho if you can point me to people talking about it working on PAL consoles id love to see it

SHPanda

I believe thats the US wii that works with freeloader, i believe all PAL consoles dont work with freeloader or AR.

tho if you can point me to people talking about it working on PAL consoles id love to see it

Tis only US machines.

Neither Jap or PAL machines allow the same swap.

I've tried both my 1.06b & 1.06B freeloaders & neither have worked on mine or my brothers PAL Units.
No one on NTSC-UK With Jap or PAL units have got it working either.

Something to do with the machine firmware I believe (rumour is it shipped with Pearl White GC firmware & these didnt work with the Freeloader before either)

Neil

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom