• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

wii recall

charlton111

my wife just received a call from a friend saying there is to be some sort of recall,any one know ifs there any truth in it,i heard something about the straps could this be it????

cheesyslug

^^
Was just about to say the above. Slightly different link.

http://wii.nintendo.co.uk/6315.html

wii-newStrap_EN.jpg

OCZedd

Standard Member
I think some consoles got recalled too. As I have a preorder with curreys but when I ring them, they said they would have given me my console but they had to replace people ones that they returned, strap maybe?

If it is, it makes me kinda angry, that I didnt get my console on launch day because so idiot broke they TV with thier remote :mad:

nickp8

Like with any product / console not every single one will work. Some people have had faulty consoles that dont read discs etc which they would have to take back for replacement.

There is no recall for the console, remote or strap.

They are simply offering to replace any broken straps, or send out new ones if you have the old type and are worried about them breaking.

Nickp.

primalfear

Novice Member
i work for game and we are not recalling any units we are just letting people know that if they want new straps we are giving them the website address

stu.artd

Even if there was a recall (and I have certainly not seen anything to indicate there is) people are having so much fun playing games on the Wii that they'd probably have to visit individual homes and prise the wiimote and then the console out of the owners hands.

Coolit

I heard there was going to be replacement straps for the thin ones that were issued with the console but didn't know they had started, thanks guys:smashin:

D

Deleted member 27989

thanks all i think my wifes must be talking xxxx,as she was on about a total recall

I don't think she was, she was merely repeating what she heard on the news earlier this week....My wife told me the same and aparantly it was on the news on Monday or Tuesday morning and the BBC just got the wrong end of the stick....

golden phoenix

Distinguished Member
i work for game and we are not recalling any units we are just letting people know that if they want new straps we are giving them the website address

never mind straps got any wiis in stock :devil: :devil: :devil:

The latest video from AVForums

JVC 4K projectors, Denon X3800 & Perlisten speaker reviews, adding a sub to 2-channel + AV/HiFi news
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom