Wii proves (party value) point

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii-U & 3DS' started by monkeyleader, Dec 27, 2006.

1. monkeyleader

monkeyleader

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    So when I first got the Wii I said to my wife the perfect party piece. She wasnt so convinced - well perhpas she is now.

We had a few friends over last night .. much wine, turkey and the usual trimmings, then just as everyone was kinda reaching that settle in and chill out stage out came the Wii.

The room was transformed in an instant, tennis, bowling (a real hit) and golf were played with much gusto until I looked at the clock and realised 4 hours had passed (along with a number of addiiotnal bottles of wine)

As the party goers headed to their room I heard one girl say to her husband,so you are heading in tomorrow to town, don't bother getting those bits for the house, just get the Wii, you have to get a Wii.

Just awsome and proves (if it needed proving) that Nintendo have gone a long way to achieving what they set out with this console.

Nige

PS: it's just as painful getting beat by a girl in a virtual world as it is in real life !

2. davie

davie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    i dont think many people would argue that its not a great party game.
    but then again so is cranium or pictionary etc.

its not every day people have visitors round and for the days own your own just like the other games mentioned i fear it will lose its charm :(

3. Tarbat

Tarbat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +299
    Kind of reminds me of "The Game" episode of Star Trek Next Generation, maybe mind control will make it onto Wii2.

4. wardi

wardi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    I agree, party value indeed!

I have brought it to my mums and she wasnt convinced at first, but had a go an now she is a tennis and bowling expert!

Great for all!

5. prlow

prlow
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The in-laws had a go of ours last night. They thought it was great! Can see this moving from house to house over the New Year party fest.

6. dman256

dman256
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Yeah its great for a party, everyone that comes around loves Wii sports. I got Rayman Raving Rabbids for more party fun. Went out and bought Zelda yesterday as I was getting a bit bored of the "party" aspect of the wii and needed to get my teeth into a proper deep game. Started playing it but it looks a bit poo on my 50" plasma so going to wait and get some Component cables to hopefully make the picture more sharp then get started on it.

7. Member 55145

Member 55145
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,481
    have to say this system is a party favourite, while playing cludo was ok, it did tend to drag.

but at my brothers everyone was playing on the wii, 7 kids, 10 adults acting like kids, everyone!

my mum who turns 50 in march and is disabled even wants one!

i think the world has gone wii mad! even my gf has started hogging the wii remote more since she bought me rayman for crimbo :suicide: (kicks my arse on the dancing rabbids bit 1048points to her, 4 to me :rolleyes: )

as for 1 player, i was hooked on the rayman bowling last night. and zelda despite the component cable keeps dragging me back.

its all party games for the release and crimbo but thats good, it generates interest and therefor more profits and more development.

zelda is a great 1 player game and im sure there will be more on the way if the wii continues with this kind of success :clap:

8. CAS FAN

CAS FAN
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,371
    I disagree - firstly my wife loves to play it and doesn't really care for traditional video games. There have been countless times where she has said "fancy a game of bowling" now and it's great to stick on just for an hour or so of that.

Secondally, one of the best video games i've played during the last 25 years (Zelda TTP) is available on the system, meaning that there is much longevity there for single player gaming. Then throw in to the equation upcoming games like Mario Galaxy and Metroid 3: Corruption and you have more superb single player action.

Finally, the online gaming side has yet to be released so we will no doubt have the likes of online sports games, Mario Kart and i'm sure countless other gems to look forward to.

The console has only just been released, with a great set of games IMO and it doesn't take much foresight to see the huge potential that future games and services will offer.

The Wii is fantastic at party games (myself and the relatives had a great laugh playing it yesterday - everyone loved it, young and old) but don't fall into the trap of thinking that's all it does.