Wii problem with av receiver

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii-U & 3DS' started by The D, Jan 3, 2007.

1. The D

The D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Folks.

I've just got a new Denon AVR1907 receiver and i connected my wi in via component. The problem is i just can't get any sound at all.
    I'm not even sure it's connected correctly.
    The instruction book for this receiver seems very vague at best.

If anyone has any experience with this model and would like to educate me, i would be very grateful.

Thanks for taking time to read this.

2. -otto-

-otto-
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    D,

Im no expert, but on the 2807 you need to asign both picture and sound to the particular input your using. So if you conected your wii to the DVD terminals say, you need to let the amp know that when DVD is selected that it should be looking for component sound and picture.

By the sounds of it youve been lucky with the default setting of the picture but the sound needs changing......all of this is from memory but to find people with better knowledge of the Amp you should try posting in the Denon owners forum or AV section, you can then put down the manual and get back to your wii......

3. BOFH_UK

BOFH_UK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +88
    Bear in mind I have not (yet) got a Wii so I'll have to make some assumptions about the cables supplied.

To connect the Wii to your Denon you need to connect five cables in total. There should be three cables, red green and blue, which connect the the corresponding colour-coded sockets on one of the component inputs on your amp. While it does not matter which of the component inputs you use you will need to make a note of which input it is. You can do this either by checking the manual or looking at the unit itself as the input should be labelled (I think it's TV, DVD and VCR on the 1907 but that's from memory and it could be wrong).

You then need to connect the audio cables to the amp. These are red and white and should be connected to the colour coded sockets of the audio input that matches the name of the component input you used. So if, for example, you connected the component cables to the DVD input you need to attach the audio cables to the DVD audio input.

In theory, this should do the trick but check that your input selection (on the bottom of the remote I think) is set to auto and that no other active device is set to use that input. In other words, if you have a DVD player connected via a digital audio cable and set to use the DVD setting on your amp make sure the DVD player is off or in stand-by before turning on the Wii.

That should do it, if not check you've got all the cables in properly and all going to the same input. If you do, I'd suggest plugging the composite cable that comes with the Wii into your TV (don't forget the audio) and checking you can get sound that way. If you can, try running the composite cable through the amp in the same way as described above and see if that works.

4. The D

The D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the responce guys.

I've managed to sort it. The components are only labelled 1,2 and 3 but in the manual, it showed a DVD connected to component 1 and audio into the socket marked DVD. I tried this and it worked.

It would seem much more logical to label the component in sockets and then it be much simpler.

Thanks for your help chaps.