Wii picture sooooooooooo bad :(

mrback

Established Member
Reaction score
Just hooked my Wii to a samsung lcd through the composite lead & cant believe how bad the picture is, truly awful.
was gonna spend the evening playing zelda but just can't do it as the picture is so bad.
I think I'll wait for a component cable, anyone got one? anyone running on a samsung lcd?
cheers :thumbsup:
ps I used on a sony crt a couple of nights ago & the picture was miles better.

Mine runs on an LE32R72B via composite and looks good, although I dont have Zelda, Ive noticed if you set it to 480i it doesnt look as good.

My Zelda looks really good through my 42" LG Plasma using the lead supplied, Took it up stairs to my games room and on my 32" Samsung LCD its a fuzzy as hell and has lines on the screen, Guess ill have to wait for a nice Component lead.

Im on a 26" Samsun LCD, and looks great.
Jagged around the edges but great nonetheless

i think youre wanting miracles if you want a whole lot more from it

Im usin 23 " philips lcd ,looks awful.i brought up to my friends house to use it on his sony 32" and looked way better on it

I hope the component brings more joy

i can't see the problem i've been using zelda on a 45" sagem dlp and the picture is fine a little bit soft but what do you expect from composite but i imagine whem component comes out it will be great come on people are you sure your not being a little bit picky

Mine looks fine on my Sammy through composite, Just make sure its set to 50 hz as 60 hz looks awful on it

Zelda on my Ae900 does indeed look better in 480p, colors are much richer. But with the inference gone you will notice jaggies more and anything that isnt close to the camera will lack definition. The more vivid colors are worth it though.

If you can't wait for components cables to be stocked in your area try this guide (http://www.tdficq.com/wii_component_cable), its what I did and it worked perfectly. The instructions are sound, though it did take me an hour to do it because I had difficulty in getting the paper clips to make the right contact with the pins. Also I didnt have alligators so I just wrapped the signal wire tightly around the paper clip. The comments were very useful as well.

My gamecube looked terrible on my 32 inch Samsun LCD until I got a component lead and started playing games in 480p then I was astounded by the graphical quality, even of old games like F-Zero X. I would imagine the Wii is the same.

Just tried one of the best looking Gamecube games 'Mario Golf', which is smooth, and very colorful, and great to play. It looked great. And this is on a SD 40" RP set. Do Gamecube games use the Wii hardware (not that it seems much different yet), or are they under emulation of some kind.

There is tingzing around the edges of Mario (red on green does not help), but this would go with a component cable.

ps.

It took me some convincing and refering to the manual, about putting a tiny Gamecube disk into the front slot, i was worried i'll never see it again. Amazing. :cool:

My gamecube looked terrible on my 32 inch Samsun LCD until I got a component lead and started playing games in 480p then I was astounded by the graphical quality, even of old games like F-Zero X. I would imagine the Wii is the same.

I was the same Gamecube looked rubbish on my 32 Samsung, but with component it looks great! So I will be using the Wii with component!

I tried composite on my Dell 32", looked awful. Component is superb though.

I tried composite on my Dell 32", looked awful. Component is superb though.

I've not tried composite, as I was one of those lucky few who picked up a MadCatz component cable on launch day :thumbsup:

Still, I was nevertheless expecting the picture to be fairly ropy on my 32" tosh LCD, but I have been pleasantly suprised at how good it looks through component (and I have a 360 to compare it against).

I would therefore expect the OP to see a marked improvement when they switch to component on their Samsung, just as Kube found on the Dell.

Before i got sky multiroom i used to pipe the signal around the house, after connecting my LCD by RF from the wall i was really suprised at how bad the picture was. Looked great on my 15" protable in my bedroom. Its simply the same thing happening with composite from the Wii. You need the proper connection to recieve the proper picture quality.

Mine wii's running via composite on a Sammy r74 32", picture quality isn't great. I'm waiting till i snag a component before i start Zelda & Red Steel. For those using a component lead, is it only US 480p Gamecube games that look good what do the UK games look like? I know the Gamecube via rgb scart on a r74 looked awful, i hope it's a big improvement over component.

Well we could never run 480p supported games because European Gamecubes were stripped of progressive scan functionality. Games that can output at 60hz (for testing I used Metroid Prime) will run at 480i on the Wii if you choose that option. I think it looks marginally better via component then rgb scart too. Unfortunately we still dont get progressive scan.

So as well as losing progressive we lose 576i on PAL GC games?

That sucks!

So as well as losing progressive we lose 576i on PAL GC games?

That sucks!

No we can still run them in 576i but if you select 60hz when the game starts up it will run in 480i.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom