wii on lcd doesnt fill whole screen

acemelhaz

Established Member
Reaction score
can someone please tell me why my wii games dont fill the whole 42 inch screen
resident evil wont also brain training and zelda ???? im usuing component lead thankyou

Does your screen have a 'pixel by pixel' mode? It's an aspect ratio option, like '16:9' or 'Zoom'. It sounds like you may have activated this and the screen is not scaling the SD Wii picture to its HD resolution.

It's a development related issue/decision and not something that can be fixed after the fact. I't's possible if you have a zoom option this may help to fill up the screen but then you would be blowing the image up adding extra information wich shouldn't be there.

bit obvious so not being mean but have you been into the wii options and changed the screen output size?

also you can move the position of the screen from in there

on my lcd tv the wii has its own settings so i had to change them as it was on 4:3

hi thanks for comments not being funny but im not stupid all the settings are fine . it fills the whole screen on the wii menu etc but when you go to game it then crops the sides ????

hi thanks for comments not being funny but im not stupid all the settings are fine . it fills the whole screen on the wii menu etc but when you go to game it then crops the sides ????

By how much does it crop the image may i ask?

I can't speak for Brain Training, but both RE4 and Zelda are full screen for me.

A lot of the games don't full the screen completely mate. I get small black bars either side on Sonic And The Secret Rings and I think WarioWare, and an entire box around Zelda (only v. small, like 5mm, but enough to notice). That's what we get for having tv's that don't overscan through component I suppose :rotfl:

Some of the games arent full screen.

As Kube and a few others mentioned, not all widescreen Wii games fill the entire 16:9 screen for the average user(some tvs overscan better than others). Resi4 is a good example of this where it's near perfect for some but most can see the black bars on the sides of the screen, sadly(although of course not really a big deal) Metroid Prime 3: Corruption will also be the same as I have read this in a couple of previews including the NGamer review.

That's what we get for having tv's that don't overscan through component I suppose :rotfl:

Exactly, some people are lucky and their screens do a good job with overscan so they don't notice, the rest of us just have to learn to ignore those black bars, damn our eyes!;)

Just so you know my screen ratio on my HDTV is PERFECT. (~_^) Of course the picture isn't exactly superb seeing as all Wii games look a bit dodgy on a HDTV anyway...sigh. Speaking of which, Metroid, Galaxy and Smash Bros look...wel, higher res than most Wii games. Yes, I know it can only display to a certain resolution, but clearly they appear higher res/sharp/colourful. Have they been optimised somehow...?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom