wii on component

longster

Standard Member
Reaction score
the red and white parts carry the audio,you will need to plug those into the audio inputs of ur tv.

the red/blue/green bit is the video cable which as you say is working you must have got in the right holes!

you may just have the audio in the wrong set of inputs!

the red and white parts carry the audio,you will need to plug those into the audio inputs of ur tv.

the red/blue/green bit is the video cable which as you say is working you must have got in the right holes!

you may just have the audio in the wrong set of inputs!

cheers but I have the sound ones in correctly as Im getting sound from both speakers

Have you selected the right AV chanel for component input?

Have you selected the right AV chanel for component input?

Yes, I get a black screen and a box with "no signal" but I get sound

If everything is plugged in correctly it sounds as it either a)Cable is dodgy or b)Component input on TV is dodgy.

Have you anything else with a component connection to try to rule out the TV?

Do you have to set the console to Component output at all? You did with the PS2 before using component.

If everything is plugged in correctly it sounds as it either a)Cable is dodgy or b)Component input on TV is dodgy.

Have you anything else with a component connection to try to rule out the TV?

I play my PS2 through my component so it cant be my TV, when I go on the screen set up menu on the wii I cant select the bottom option which is 480p, I can only select 50hz and 60hz

I play my PS2 through my component so it cant be my TV, when I go on the screen set up menu on the wii I cant select the bottom option which is 480p, I can only select 50hz and 60hz

When you use the composite cable you can't select 480p because the cable doesn't support it.You can only select 480p with the component cable plugged in(which is impossible if you can't get a picture in the first place)

When you use the composite cable you can't select 480p because the cable doesn't support it.You can only select 480p with the component cable plugged in(which is impossible if you can't get a picture in the first place)

Ive sorted it, I had the bloody blue plugged in to green and vice versa :suicide: :suicide:

Cheers for all the help

easy mistake to make in the dark behind the tv!

so is this right then the component cables can only do 480P
on the wii's

yes,only component cables can do 480p afaik

oh :( no 720P then from the wii.

i also see no optical on it for sound.

stuck with 2 x phono i guess then :(

yeh,no 720p..only hits 480p!

sound is pro-logic IIx compatible so it is surround in a way as i understand it

oh :( no 720P then from the wii.

i also see no optical on it for sound.

stuck with 2 x phono i guess then :(

just got GAME component leads (a bit misleading instore, as im sure the box on the shelf made them appear to be selling official cables, only when i opened it, i noticed the huge 'game' logo on box, but only (19.99) £17.50 (minus points on card), and so much better than the lead composite/scart.

Only problem is the sound is not working, when pluging the audio parts into the telly :thumbsdow . So i need to get a (coupler) and cables to extend to the amp for sound.

is there any way of having both my wii and PS2 plugged into the component socket of my tv using a Y piece of some description, im sure ive seen a picture of them on this forum but I cant find it now

yeh,no 720p..only hits 480p!
sound is pro-logic IIx compatible so it is surround in a way as i understand it

hmm wonder if i feed throu my amp it will upconvert it to 720P..

is there any way of having both my wii and PS2 plugged into the component socket of my tv using a Y piece of some description, im sure ive seen a picture of them on this forum but I cant find it now

yer proberly soemthing your find easy on maplins website.

Hi

This is my first post on this site. I can usually find the answers to my AV problems and sort them out. I reckon longster may be having the same problem as me. There are a couple of others with the same issue too and I'm wondering if it's even possible to sort it out! (Sorry if I'm being presumptuous about other people's woes by the way!)

My tv is an older LCD (Phillips 30pf9975) and I received a Blaze component cable yesterday for my Wii. The problem I have is that my tv doesn't accept 576i or 480i through component so I get a 'Picture format not available' message when I set the Wii away. The tv does do 480p of course but I can't see the Wii screen option menu to change the setting! I've tried blindly using the Wiimote and feeling the vibrations for the settings menu but it just isn't possible and the directional pad doesn't work so I'm stuffed.

I can't think of anyway in which to solve this and wonder if an update of some kind from nintendo would even fix it. It seems like quite an oversight by Ninty and it's seriously bummed me out!

Have you had other component devices plugged in Beer Fury? like a DVD player?

When you plug the component in and switch on the Wii it is sending the component signal to your TV. So it is just a case of cycling through your inputs on your TV...on the TV remote the button normally looks like this [<-]--

Have you had other component devices plugged in Beer Fury? like a DVD player?

Thanks for your reply!

I have my 360 hooked up through the component and that's no problem at all. I can select 480p and 1080i from the dashboard using the Phillips TV. The Wii however doesn't seem to work. I can view the menus and play games using the composite lead but when I hook up the component lead the tv tells me the picture format isn't available. If I could somehow change the menus on the Wii to the EDTV setting using the composite (not possible of course!) then hook up the component lead, I'd be away. My problem is still that the tv won't accept interlaced signals via component to allow me to view the Wii menu to change it to 480p and the Wii isn't doing it itself as I just have a big blue screen on my LCD!

I just figured when I bought the lead that it would be automatic but alas, nay! If I'm missing something obvious here, does anyone know what it is? 576i just doesn't cut it on my tv, feels like I'm wearing fogged up glasses!

I've been thinking on this one. A friend of mine's buying himself a new HD set in the sales, so, with his being more up to date and hopefully able to handle 480i/576i over component, I'll take my Wii to his house, set it to 480p, unplug it, bring it home and hook it up to my tv. Then I should be sorted! Just an idea for anyone else having the same problem....:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom