• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Wii-mote silicon glove

dman256

Standard Member
Anyone who has bought a Silicon wiimote glove, can you let us know what you think to them ? Just got myself a nice new 50" Plasma and hopefully getting my Pre Ordered Wii from Comet next week. Not liking the thought of slinging the wiimote into the TV by accident so need to idiot proof it. Are the silicon gloves any good, is it a better grip with them on ? Wheres the best place on the high street to get them from ? Not seeing too many online which are available now (most of them released next Friday, Play, Amazon etc)

Anyway done any home DIY strap improvements ?

dllord

I saw a blue and pink pack of two in Gamestation yesterday, not sure how much tho!

RHCP

Amazon has them on sale now don't they?

I also want to know whether they are like rubber or just a cheap plastic sheaf!

addis17

Standard Member
Hi,
Just brought a blue and black one from toys r us today for £9.99 each.
Well worth getting one, fits like a glove:smashin:
Made of rubber and they look cool....

Member 55145

Distinguished Member
hmm tbh id rather have my hand touching the remote, even if the gloves are rubber i preffer real contact with the wiimote. what they really needed to do was replace the back cover of the wiimote with rubber like the DS shoulder buttons. and maybe a bit on the sides too

SeaneyC

Anyway done any home DIY strap improvements ?

Have to admit i've been toying with the idea of using picture wire and silicon tubing (around the wire so it doesn't cut into your hand :eek: ) after a slightly boozy game of Tennis. Nintendo strap held up ok, but piece of mind for £1 if i can come up with a decent way of hooking up will be definately worth it.

Knyght_byte

Distinguished Member
cheap and strong way to secure it? nylon string...lol...you know, the bright white stuff, multistranded........seriously, you cant physically break that stuff...lol....i used a couple loops of it to bring a 35kg concrete paving slab up to my room once......only way to break it is to cut it......its capable of holding huge amounts of weight.....

then just wrap it in something slightly softer for the obvious fact that it will eventually chafe your wrist....

Wurzel

Standard Member
Has anyone managed to check out the quality of both Nintendo and 3rd party skins? The Ninty ones are more expensive - are they worth the premium?

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom