Wii love non-game stores (accessories)

secombe

Established Member
Reaction score
After trying all the usual suspects in our relatively small town (Gamestation, ePlay, GAME) I was ready to give up on tracking down Wii Play, Monkey Ball and a Nunchuk. Especially when I queued in GAME with a Wii Play box only to be told "we don't have any" even though they were priced on the shelf "so people know what you can get" (?!?)

Anyhow, we have a very little Woolworths up the road, popped in and they had absolutely everything, every single launch game, Nunchuks, SD Cards, the lot. I got Wii Play, Monkey Ball and a Nunchuk and was a very happy boy! Worth checking out the non-obvious places for most things, GAME only had about 3 games for example.

On a side note, how is that every store has a "chart" already?! Generally it went like this...

1) Zelda
2) Wii Play
3) Monkey Ball
4) Call of Duty 3
5) Red Steel

and so on, I assume they are entirely fabricated.

Quite a few people tend to forget about Woolworths, my Mrs went into our Worcester store yesterday at 10am (launch day!),and got every accessory that I wanted and they even had 4 Wii consoles!

I was amazed, apart from the Messenger Bag and obviously the cables they literally had every single official Wii game and accessory available.

yep good old woolworths and hassle free shopping.

Glad to see not every wii has been sold. :smashin:

bought monkeyball in woolies, after gamestation (who had my pre-order) only got five copies!

Just been into my small local Woolies, got a points card for £13.99 which seemed a good deal, but they didn't have too many other accessories.

The girl behind the counter told me they had 80 instore preorders for the Wii, and received 2 consoles!

Just because Woolies are displaying Wii boxes and accessories display boxes doesn't mean they actually have any. Their allocation seems to have been low and they don't expect any more this year at the three I tried. They do seem to have points cards and SD's, as well as a selection of games, so a pretty good source if you already have the console.

PCWorld and Curry's (massive one at J9 M6) have nothing and they don't expect to get anything soon. Funnily enough they both had Wii display booths and Ninty people demo-ing the Wii... just actually buying one is the problem.

that is something that really annoyed me yesterday, store after store that had wii boxes and accessories on the shelf (that they didn't have in stock!!) fair enough it shows people what they can get but how long would it take to make and print out a sold out sign to go next to the prices and stuff.

Just because Woolies are displaying Wii boxes and accessories display boxes doesn't mean they actually have any.

Yeah, that was my experience, they had display boxes for everything (excl. component leads) but not so much in reality.

Thanks for the PCW J9 comment, was going to shoot over there in a bit so you've saved me a journey :smashin:

My local Woolies had all the accesories and most games in stock too, I only got a nunchuck and classic controller but there was lots left (they were all hung up behind the counter).

Biggest surprise i had was in my local morrisons on friday. Popped in to get some lunch and they had a sign up saying "nintendo wiis for sale, 1 per person" When i asked a member of staff how many they had in she said 20!!

They also had all the games, wii play, classic controllers, nunchuk, wii points. Only thing they didnt have was the damn component cable i was after!!
Thats Morrisons in Leyland btw!

Just because Woolies are displaying Wii boxes and accessories display boxes doesn't mean they actually have any.

The one I went in (Trowbridge) obviously did, you could see everything behind the counter, I had one of about 5 Wii Plays, and 1 of at least 8 Nunchuks...but funnily enough GAME were the culprits of having boxes on the shelf but no actual stock of anything, and they let you queue up for ages with it before telling you!

That's unusual for Woolies - they're usually the ones to keep displays out and then tell you at the till... not just games, but DVD's, CD's etc. Well done on getting a Wii! My hunt continues...

Just because Woolies are displaying Wii boxes and accessories display boxes doesn't mean they actually have any. QUOTE]

Well the Worcester store had 4 behind the counter, the woman even asked my Mrs if she wanted one when she got the accessories, I would have told her too if mine wasnt going to turn up on Friday from Argos, but it did so I told her not to bother.

i've found that a store called "chips" has been excellent in getting all the games and accesories comared to all the larger stores that haven't got anything, the one near me has certainly had all the extra bits that i required, just waiting till wednesday for argos to turn up with the wii now

Well i picked up Wii Play and nunchuck boxes at Woolworths in Solihull, queued for what seemed ages, got to the checkout, the girl didnt know where they were, spoke to someone else, keep me waiting another 5 minutes and then told me they hadnt had any in yet. :mad: To be honest I think they may have had them but just didnt have a clue.

Managed to get Wii Play at Game but still not found a nunchuck anywhere. Thinking of trying Morrisons now after reading a thread if I can be bothered to go out in the rain!

Just bought Wii play at Gamestation, Woolies also had it in stock along with Nunchuck's and all the games , no consoles anywhere though

Jus been watching at Wii play on ebay and it went for £53 plus postage :eek:

Was in my local Tesco extra last night and they had everything (apart from consoles/component). All controllers and all games from what I could see.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom