Wii Guitar hero band in a box question Help?

bri1

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Just got a Wii Guitar Hero band in a box, it comes with a wired microphone which plugs into the Wii USB port.

On trying to get the mike to work it would not do anything, the instructions are minimal & just tells you to plug in & tap on it to make it work, which it didn't.

Strangley enough when we took one of the Wii remotes out of one of the other band items, it then allows the mike to be used, but it is wired into the console, so why should the wireless remote have any effexct on a wired mike?

Are we missing something here?

I would just like to point out that the Wii is our son's & we dont usually use it, but the Guitar Hero band was a present for ourselves to use, but my son has no idea about how the mike or usb's are supposed to work.

Had the same problem on Christmas day !!! Still not sorted but will watch any answers with interest :rolleyes:

Did you have a Wii controller specifically for the singer? Or do you mean that you took a controller out of an instrument and used it on its own?

The singer needs a controller, even though they're not playing an instrument. The Rock Band games are the same.

Did you have a Wii controller specifically for the singer? Or do you mean that you took a controller out of an instrument and used it on its own?

The singer needs a controller, even though they're not playing an instrument. The Rock Band games are the same.

Hello,

We have two remotes, one was in the guitar the other one was in the drums, we took the one out of the drums, pressed the middle button & the microphone option beacme available.

What is the point of having a mike wired connected to the machine if you still need another Wii remote to use it with, I'm a little confused as you can also get a wireless mike which I would have expected to have to use a wii remote with it because it is wireless?

Just another question, I'm thinking of buying another guitar will other Wii one's but for Rock Band Etc still work OK with my current Guitar hero setup or do you have to use the exact same one's?

Last edited:
What is the point of having a mike wired connected to the machine if you still need another Wii remote to use it with, I'm a little confused as you can also get a wireless mike which I would have expected to have to use a wii remote with it because it is wireless?

It is pretty annoying as it means more spending on remotes but you do need a wii remote specifically for the singer to be able to navigate menu's (choose difficulty/characters etc). Though, why they couldn't set an option to use one of the other controllers to do this I don't know.

As for your question about other instruments, try and search for an Instrument compatability table/chart on Google.

I agree it does seem a bit odd. As Amph said, it's used to navigate through the menus.

A wireless mic would be the same - unless it was a special one with the controls built in (I believe there's one for the 360 like that - I think it may have just enough buttons to navigate the menus).

Just another question, I'm thinking of buying another guitar will other Wii one's but for Rock Band Etc still work OK with my current Guitar hero setup or do you have to use the exact same one's?

The GH3 and GHWT guitars work fine with Beatles Rock Band and Rock Band 2 (but not Rock Band 1). The GH drums also work with those two games but are laid out differently (Rock Band only has 4 pads instead of 5). Having used GHWT drums with RB2 myself I quickly went and bought some Rock Band drums which I find preferable with the Rock Band games.

The other way around, I understand that the Rock Band instruments work with Guitar Hero 5 and Band Hero, but not the games before that.

Last edited:
Thanks for your assistance, the basic manuals with these items don't seem to state the obvious, they assume you know, poor design I think, I do wish that when they sell these kits they ought to let you know you need a controller for each item as most people only have one or two controllers at best.

I have just ordered a couple of controllers from HMV for under £18, I hope these solve the issue, at least I got the Guitar Hero World Tour band in a box for less than half the price that it is in the Game shop today. :thumbsup:

I must admit I was surprised that in both in Game & Gamestation they didn't really know the answer to the mike question, if they don't know, working with this stuff all the time, how the hell are we supposed to figure it out?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom