• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Wii game Sadness to be revivied for Wii U

safcalibur

Distinguished Member
I dont know if any of you remember this game but being a huge horror fan I was very excited when this game was announced for the wii way back when it wasnt even released:

Sadness (video game) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I waited with baited breath for any info on this game and was heartbroken when I found out it was canned :(

Well, it looks to have got a new lease of life and may be making its way onto the Wii U

Canceled Wii Game Sadness To See New Life On Wii U - News - www.GameInformer.com

Fingers crossed!

Daft Ada

Distinguished Member
I interviewed them in 2007 for a gaming blog I was working for at the time. It was pretty clear they didn't have the resources to realise the project. Things are a little easier for Indie devs these days, what with Unity and all, so maybe they can make a go of it this time around.

safcalibur

Distinguished Member
As a 2D platformer though? I can't see much of a connection other than the name.

Must be going blind as I cant see where it says that in the article I linked to?

edit: Just read the nintendolife article linked in the main article, quite a lenghty interview with the new devs and it does indeed mentione the shift to 2D....hmmm not quite sure how that will work as the original idea seemed something more along the lines of silent hill, now as a 2D game I cant imagine the horror element being too effective.

Daft Ada

Distinguished Member
They've now said they don't actually have the rights to the IP so it'll be using a different title. Different genre, different name - hardly the same game now is it :laugh:

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom