Wii Fit - discussion thread & opinion poll

How do you rate Wii Fit? (please vote only after using)

• Total voters
Does anybody know if there is any kind of cover for this that would stop it getting dirty?

Does anybody know if there is any kind of cover for this that would stop it getting dirty?

There are a number of silicon covers/protective covers available. If you do a search on Amazon, GAME, Play.com etc. under Wii/Wii Fit accessories you will find them.

Finally unboxed it & tried it out, only set it up, still a little fragile on the dodgy knee although happily the swelling has really subsided.

Well, first impressions are great! love the board & I think it's quite accurate & here's why. I started all the age, height info & it told me my BMI ('Ideal' as I expected) 21.36? I think, left it & had a sandwich, came back & the BMI & the weight had slightly increased when I put them in again. :smashin:

Do people hold the wii-mote to weigh in? & I take it, it's no socks only. Are there any other things I should know?

so far though I can see this being really fun & the posture excercises I think will benefit me tremedously. The weight & BMI I've under got under control from regular cycling & ball/weight work.

can't wait to be back fully fit, fingers crossed & get into this, thumbs up so far. :thumbsup:

For anyone thats interested here is a basic example of my diet!

8am - cup of oats with skimmed milk
10am - Snack (banana or apple)
12pm - Lunch - Tuna sandwich on wholemeal bread (no marg/butter)
2:30pm- Another small snack (another piece of fruit or handful of unsalted nuts)
5pm- Dinner - Tuna pasta containing spring onion and peppers or Piece of chicken with steam veg

Then i have an optional snack later on before bed like a fat free greek yoghurt or a small pot of low fat cottage cheese!

Try it out! Its worked wonders for me in the past and its same again now im back on the fitness trail!

Seems like a very good diet although I would tend to avoid mixing pasta and the meats (inc. fish)... only thing is though there is really not much there and I would absolutely starve ha ha. I do Slimmers World for the weight loss and it worked really well last year ( 5 1/2 stone lost and got to meet Linda Lusardi ha ha) and thankfully get to eat loads on that... for example today...

Breakfast - 2 * gammon steak + 3 * egg scrambled egg (semi skimmed milk) + 1 tblsp Brown Sauce

Snack - 3 * apple, 4 * satsuma

Lunch - 2 * 100g pack of ham used to wrap 6 * Quorn Sausage

Snack - 3 * Muller Light yoghurt

Evening meal is going to be a home made curry (500g chicken, 200g turkey, chillies, ginger, cumin, tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, curry powder) + take the syns on some papadoms.

To my experience there are three steps to successfully losing weight consistently...

1) Eat the right stuff.
2) Eat loads, the more you eat the better.
3) Frozen Muller Light yoghurts... ha trust me on that one! Sweet enough to be a treat, lasts ages.

Good luck with the knee restoration Hi/Zuum.

Now to the thread....

Tried mine out for the first time today. Weight was pretty damn close to what I believe it should be (can confirm Thursday when I go to the next weigh in at fat club). I am extremely impressed with the sensitivity of the unit as well through the initial calibrations.

I approached this with some hesitation as I have an existing spine complication (two prolapsed discs) and the spinoff comlications of having that for the last four plus years. When it comes to the back I am extremely paranoid about doing anything that would upset it unduly... "no pain... good!" is a philosophy I would subcribe heavily (excuse the pun) to.

I tried a number of the various events and found them to be managable although I did not even go near the hula hoops and chickened out of the press up into side thing as various joints started to creak and crack that I would definately not like to have creaking and cracking like that (eep!). Strikes me that the program is generally well worked out but I would have liked to have seen more of a recognition and highlighting of spine friendly excercises since back complaints (posture, obesity etc) are increasingly affecting the general population. My balance is awful I find but no surprise there since I find it uncomfortable generally to stand in even a single position for more than a couple of minutes (women + shoe shops = hell!). The events though vary between the straight to the point and the fun, the ski jump and slalom events definately show promise for future games with the board.

One detracting event though was the step aerobics, I found it difficult to monitor both the Mii and the step guide so I was either getting reminded to look at the Mii for timing or lose focus on where the next foot planting should be.

Bit difficult to say now just how inclined I will be to keep at it, guess a lot of that wil depend upon how I feel tomorrow and the day after. One thing that would have really helped in this area would be an option to have your own music playing as you carry out the various programs, when will Nintendo and Sony developers get it through their damn heads just how effectively this can add to longevity for anything from driving games to excercise simulators etc??

All said and done though, this is an incredible product that fits the bill of the ort of thing I would always liked to have seen available. Well done again Nintendo, seriously they deserve every success they are having with the Wii and its software products. :thumbsup: I'm inclined towards a 9/10 rating for this at the moment but will see how it fairs through the next few days before deciding and voting.

:) Just had my 1st go on it bmi of 27.3 and it says im 56 so i best get something sorted real age is 40

Seems like a very good diet although I would tend to avoid mixing pasta and the meats (inc. fish)... only thing is though there is really not much there and I would absolutely starve ha ha. I do Slimmers World for the weight loss and it worked really well last year ( 5 1/2 stone lost and got to meet Linda Lusardi ha ha) and thankfully get to eat loads on that... for example today...

Breakfast - 2 * gammon steak + 3 * egg scrambled egg (semi skimmed milk) + 1 tblsp Brown Sauce

Snack - 3 * apple, 4 * satsuma

Lunch - 2 * 100g pack of ham used to wrap 6 * Quorn Sausage

Snack - 3 * Muller Light yoghurt

Evening meal is going to be a home made curry (500g chicken, 200g turkey, chillies, ginger, cumin, tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, curry powder) + take the syns on some papadoms.

To my experience there are three steps to successfully losing weight consistently...

1) Eat the right stuff.
2) Eat loads, the more you eat the better.
3) Frozen Muller Light yoghurts... ha trust me on that one! Sweet enough to be a treat, lasts ages.

Good luck with the knee restoration Hi/Zuum.

Now to the thread....

Tried mine out for the first time today. Weight was pretty damn close to what I believe it should be (can confirm Thursday when I go to the next weigh in at fat club). I am extremely impressed with the sensitivity of the unit as well through the initial calibrations.

I approached this with some hesitation as I have an existing spine complication (two prolapsed discs) and the spinoff comlications of having that for the last four plus years. When it comes to the back I am extremely paranoid about doing anything that would upset it unduly... "no pain... good!" is a philosophy I would subcribe heavily (excuse the pun) to.

I tried a number of the various events and found them to be managable although I did not even go near the hula hoops and chickened out of the press up into side thing as various joints started to creak and crack that I would definately not like to have creaking and cracking like that (eep!). Strikes me that the program is generally well worked out but I would have liked to have seen more of a recognition and highlighting of spine friendly excercises since back complaints (posture, obesity etc) are increasingly affecting the general population. My balance is awful I find but no surprise there since I find it uncomfortable generally to stand in even a single position for more than a couple of minutes (women + shoe shops = hell!). The events though vary between the straight to the point and the fun, the ski jump and slalom events definately show promise for future games with the board.

One detracting event though was the step aerobics, I found it difficult to monitor both the Mii and the step guide so I was either getting reminded to look at the Mii for timing or lose focus on where the next foot planting should be.

Bit difficult to say now just how inclined I will be to keep at it, guess a lot of that wil depend upon how I feel tomorrow and the day after. One thing that would have really helped in this area would be an option to have your own music playing as you carry out the various programs, when will Nintendo and Sony developers get it through their damn heads just how effectively this can add to longevity for anything from driving games to excercise simulators etc??

All said and done though, this is an incredible product that fits the bill of the ort of thing I would always liked to have seen available. Well done again Nintendo, seriously they deserve every success they are having with the Wii and its software products. :thumbsup: I'm inclined towards a 9/10 rating for this at the moment but will see how it fairs through the next few days before deciding and voting.

All very commendable guys, here's my story, 4 years ago I was 14 stone 7lbs and getting heavier. I decided to take 30 minutes jogging exercise every evening 5 days a week with a longer run on a Sunday morning. NO change of diet, just 30 mins jogging 52 weeks a year give or take, I dropped to 11st 13lbs in no time and now I remain at my fighting weight of 12 stone 4lbs.

I guess what I'm saying is that I found no need for purgatory diets and all the rest of it, I'm a choco holic and enjoy my junk food but that 30 mins jogging outside in rain, hail, snow, every week day night burns off enough calories to allow me to eat effectively what ever I want, no big ask is it????

I'm over 40 and have never been so fit in my life as I have in the last few years.

As every body has said Wii fitt is no substitute but it's a good completment.

I now have a gold(ish) set of scales in the game for completing 10 hours of training. Woohoh!

Anyone spotted the "hidden" balance game? If you click on the board in the background in the main menu page (the one with yoga etc selections) you get an extreme balance game.

its a shame you cant modify your vote as I shouldve voted it a 10 as genre defining - must be as it has my wife "playing" it every day - as well as me.

P

its a shame you cant modify your vote as I shouldve voted it a 10 as genre defining - must be as it has my wife "playing" it every day - as well as me.

P

OMG! just had my proper little session, well 30minutes. tried the Hula hoops, steps, jogging & the football one. Verdict... errrr can you add another score for 11/10!! this is genius!! :thumbsup:

OMG! just had my proper little session, well 30minutes. tried the Hula hoops, steps, jogging & the football one. Verdict... errrr can you add another score for 11/10!! this is genius!! :thumbsup:

LOL glad you enjoy it mate!!

Besides all the fitness malarkey some can be used as great mini games for competitive purposes!

A few of us regularly have comps on the ski jump!

Is there a quick way to just weigh yourself? :confused:

Is there a quick way to just weigh yourself? :confused:

yeah, from my limited knowledge isn't it just from the daily test you do, which you can even do from the Wiifit channel so no need to even use the disc. It gives you're BMI/Weight.

Oh addyb, I was loving it yesterday, first time I'd tried the actual excercise games, a week since I bought it! Got an all clear from the doctor this morning, no permanent damage on the knee just a clipped cartilage so should be 100% in a week or two, then I can really go at it. :thumbsup:

also got the Madcatz rechargeable battery pack delivered this morning, looks good, fits nicely, we'll see how long the charge lasts but I'm sure it'll prove more economical in the long run.

yeah, from my limited knowledge isn't it just from the daily test you do, which you can even do from the Wiifit channel so no need to even use the disc. It gives you're BMI/Weight.

Oh addyb, I was loving it yesterday, first time I'd tried the actual excercise games, a week since I bought it! Got an all clear from the doctor this morning, no permanent damage on the knee just a clipped cartilage so should be 100% in a week or two, then I can really go at it. :thumbsup:

also got the Madcatz rechargeable battery pack delivered this morning, looks good, fits nicely, we'll see how long the charge lasts but I'm sure it'll prove more economical in the long run.

Ive just gettin' over a torn cartlidge. Took about 16 weeks for me to heal, I was told about 10. I do think in a little way Wii fit helped with light excercise on the knee. The chair and rowing squat. But the Lunges hurt like hell:eek: so leaving them for a little longer.

Got mine yesterday and had my first work out last night. I have Menieres Disease so I'm hopeless on the balance exercises but I enjoyed the Hoops and Jogging :smashin: How odd does it feel running on the spot though ?

And, am I the only bloke who cant follow the Step Aerobics for toffee ? :D
My wife was watching me and was falling about LOL

Ive just gettin' over a torn cartlidge. Took about 16 weeks for me to heal, I was told about 10. I do think in a little way Wii fit helped with light excercise on the knee. The chair and rowing squat. But the Lunges hurt like hell:eek: so leaving them for a little longer.

I fear my cartilage is damaged too, bent my knee playing football, GP said i'd have to wait for a physio appointment, then may be MRI and then may be an op, unfortunately 4 weeks have passed and no sign of even a physio date !!!!!!.....may have to look in to private cover !:(

Still can do most of the wii fit stuff ok so far, so looks like it's come at just the right time as i struggle with most other excersice at the moment !

good to hear you've almost there with your knee, my doctor thought only a couple more weeks in my case as I'd recovered quite quickly in just a week but I'm going to take it easy as well, definately no squats. I'm just happy to be able to walk & climb stairs again. :)

And, am I the only bloke who cant follow the Step Aerobics for toffee ? :D
My wife was watching me and was falling about LOL

lol, I'm with you there, the step exercises are hilarious, although by the end I could do the basic level quite nicely. Tried the next level up though, with the kicking legs, no,no,no, no yet anyway. :D

I fear my cartilage is damaged too, bent my knee playing football, GP said i'd have to wait for a physio appointment, then may be MRI and then may be an op, unfortunately 4 weeks have passed and no sign of even a physio date !!!!!!.....may have to look in to private cover !:(

Still can do most of the wii fit stuff ok so far, so looks like it's come at just the right time as i struggle with most other excersice at the moment !

sorry to hear you too have fallen! to the dreaded knee injury, did yours swell up with fluid round the knee to protect?

sorry to hear you too have fallen! to the dreaded knee injury, did yours swell up with fluid round the knee to protect?

Long story short but basically doctor also said it may heel within 2-3 weeks (he couldn't tell how bad it was) unfortunately following an attempted comeback at football it went again within 10 minutes (as soon as i tried to turn!), each time it's gone it seems to have swelled a bit more but to be honest it does go down within a week or so and so I hoping it's not too bad, am missing the football and squash though !:(

I'm pretty sure it affects my Tree in the yoga on wii fit as well.... well that's my excuse anyway.... in fact I also blame the dodgy knee for my inability to Hula as well !:D

am missing the football and squash though !:(

I'd certainly give squash a bit of a wide birth atm, it's notorious on the knees, twisting, pushing off, the quick stop start nature of the game. In fact I'm thinking maybe all the squash I played as a junior is catching up with me but then again maybe it's just age. :rolleyes: ;)

Oh jesus christ, just did the 10 minutes super hula-hoop, got 3350!

I think I've ruptured something though...heh heh.

Does this actually help fitness or is it just a gimmick?

I don't expect it to turn me into some superhuman fit person (like Chick Norris :D) but does it have any benefits in the health department?

Serious answers only please

bjork - 2 jumps as follows
175m
170m

TOTAL - 345M (Found it hard to beat since then)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom