Wii fit balance board weight limit?

Haggler

Anyone know the weight limitation of the wii fit balance board in stones and pounds please, it must have some sort of a limit, i think this is one of the most important aspects to consider (for weightier people) before purchasing the game.

I'm a slightly above average 15 stone bloke, not huge but big enough to warrant this question before purchase, the rest of my family will have no such issues but i may indulge in a bash myself especially if the thing costs £70 :eek: i'll be wanting my moneys worth. Sorry if someone has answered this already, had a quick search and can't find any info on the subject.

*Edit I mean the limitation of what the actual board will withstand, not what it will measure*

Haggler

You're quick off the mark there thanks muchly.

fdrzrich

Think the box actually says 25stone...I'm about 15.5 stone and its ok, and my mates girlfriend is a 'larger' lady shall we say?! and it coped ok!

Br0ken

150lbs for the UK board?

I heard that the Asian board goes up to 300lbs and the American board upto 350lbs. Not because American's a bigger, but because in Japan Nintendo would have had to of done something special in terms of providing a scale that measures over 300lbs and they didn't want to go through it.

Can anyone confirm or disprove that?

Haggler

because in Japan Nintendo would have had to of done something special in terms of providing a scale that measures over 300lbs and they didn't want to go through it.
Shame they could have called it the sumo scale. :D

shodan

Distinguished Member
150lbs for the UK board?

I heard that the Asian board goes up to 300lbs and the American board upto 350lbs. Not because American's a bigger, but because in Japan Nintendo would have had to of done something special in terms of providing a scale that measures over 300lbs and they didn't want to go through it.

Can anyone confirm or disprove that?
I do believe that american Lbs are lighter than UK Lbs though....