Wii Delay ?(not on about stock shortage!)

cHk4

Ex Member
Reaction score
I have one question about the Wii and the delay and the aiming and what not. Is there lag with the Wii? I mean if you swing in real life, is it real time swinging on the game or is there a second or 2 delay? If there is delay how does it hold up on plasma,lcd's that have screen delay ? Because personaly I cant imagine that its real time swings there has to be some delay.

Also is there a auto aim ? I mean in baseball I can imagine it being very hard to judge where to swing is there degree's of auto aim ?

Sorry if there not worded to well! but I understood what I mean I think :smashin:

Its wierd tbh.

There is a delay but its negligible. It does feel 'real' and seems to work far better than you may imagine.

In fact, I wonder how they have got the control interface as good as it is.

It can get annoying though.

Its wierd tbh.

There is a delay but its negligible. It does feel 'real' and seems to work far better than you may imagine.

In fact, I wonder how they have got the control interface as good as it is.

It can get annoying though.

Ok cool. I have not played one yet or seen any controls but like I said is there some kinda auto aim ? I mean not being funny there are like a million different ways you could swing a tennis rachet you know so is there auto aim ?

I think it depends a little on which game you are playing....

Baseball is a good example where it is as good as realtime effects...Yes there is a degree of auto-aim, but the further you go in the game the less it becomes....I mean you have to start batting high and low and really watch those curves balls....

The same with boxing, you have to go low, high, left, right and all combinations to get any good....

It is much more of a work out than I expected, but seriously good fun and intuitive....The controller works just amazingly well and tricks you into believing it is real...

Ok cool. I have not played one yet or seen any controls but like I said is there some kinda auto aim ? I mean not being funny there are like a million different ways you could swing a tennis rachet you know so is there auto aim ?

Slight auto-aim...But the way you hold the controller, how high, how twisted, how quick you move it all have an effect....In my experience it works best when you try to do it as real life as possible and get off your backside....And step into the ball before hitting it, step back in your base position, hold the racketit front of you and get ready for the next return....

Most of the aiming is done according to the timing of your swing in tennis. If you swing early it goes one way, swing late and it goes the other way. You can apply spin by twisting your wrist as you hit the ball.

Does anyone have an idea how the nunchuk works?

I mean, just shaking it in Zelda makes him spin.

It must have a gyroscope/mercury switch in it or something.

it works in the same way the wiimote works except for the pointer, which it doesn't have

I think it depends a little on which game you are playing....

Baseball is a good example where it is as good as realtime effects...Yes there is a degree of auto-aim, but the further you go in the game the less it becomes....I mean you have to start batting high and low and really watch those curves balls....

The same with boxing, you have to go low, high, left, right and all combinations to get any good....

It is much more of a work out than I expected, but seriously good fun and intuitive....The controller works just amazingly well and tricks you into believing it is real...

Ok thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. With boxing if I actually parry and say dodge down and left and come up with a upper cut will this actualy happen? I mean will I hit as hard and fast as I do in real life? Can i side step and haymaker them? I mean sorry its kinda hard to get my heard around it ! lol

yes it is very clver, they have gyroscopes to detect the orientation and accelerometers to detect movement/speed and in the wiimote an IR camera for detecting the sensor bar so as to triangulate where the remote is in relation to the screen, for pointing

yes it is very clver, they have gyroscopes to detect the orientation and accelerometers to detect movement/speed and in the wiimote an IR camera for detecting the sensor bar so as to triangulate where the remote is in relation to the screen, for pointing

Im a big guy got a lot of weight. So if I get my weight behind a powerful punch will this reflect in game and proper smash my opponent one?

yes the speed/force of movement does affect in game performance, a harder swing in baseball can make a big difference to the distance gained

Im a big guy got a lot of weight. So if I get my weight behind a powerful punch will this reflect in game and proper smash my opponent one?

it all depends on the game. and you have to take into account that if your 25 playing against an 8yr old, the 8yr old needs a chance.

so yes taps work, but its much more fun to get into the swing of things :D (just dont hit the lightbulb when playing tennis :D )

I've found in boxing the timing and preciseness is more important than a speedy or powerful action. If you go over the top on punches they sometimes dont register but to be honest I've not spent enough time to master the system yet.

so yes taps work, but its much more fun to get into the swing of things :D (just dont hit the lightbulb when playing tennis :D )

as i did within an hour of turning it on

luckily the fiancee didn't like the current light anyway, so she laughed along with me

Sweet :D So it does depend how hard and fast, but if you go a bit to hard fast it doesnt register? Sweet sounds pritty good!

Is it true that there on about things to put around your feet and stuff for football ? I bet basketball would be quest cool :D

I was not in a rush to get a Wii but I want one more and more, How far away do you have to be thats my only worry is I will be about 4 feet if that!

as i did within an hour of turning it on

luckily the fiancee didn't like the current light anyway, so she laughed along with me

lol my girlfriend dont need a Wii! Bless her she got all playful yesterday went to throw a pillow at me while I was on the 360 let go to early next second light, light shade, wires, plaster, paint all go flying in front of my face and hit the wall. Look up at the ceiling. and nothing is left other than this wire hanging out of the ceiling about 1 cm.

Its funny thinking about it now but I kinda shouted at her for it <.< Might of been because I was 21-0 on rainbow and she got me killed but meh!

So going back to the Wii, will it register my actuall moves like if I drop back and right then spring forward with a uppercut will it register there movements and display them on screen ?

So going back to the Wii, will it register my actuall moves like if I drop back and right then spring forward with a uppercut will it register there movements and display them on screen ?
yes, its a very weird sensation.

personally i dont find it that responsive. When pitching in basball I always get a fast ball af about 150... this doesnt seem to chnage much even if I just use a quick wrist snap or a full arm throw... same for tennis, my serve doesnt change much no matter how hard i swing at it (please feel free to tell me what I am doing wrong if anyhting)

also my mate was playing golf the other day and it seemed to be a bit hit and miss if it registered his shots or not, same with tennis I can if i choose to just do a quick wrist snap to hit the golf ball and do just as well as a full swing..

personally i dont find it that responsive. When pitching in basball I always get a fast ball af about 150... this doesnt seem to chnage much even if I just use a quick wrist snap or a full arm throw... same for tennis, my serve doesnt change much no matter how hard i swing at it (please feel free to tell me what I am doing wrong if anyhting)

also my mate was playing golf the other day and it seemed to be a bit hit and miss if it registered his shots or not, same with tennis I can if i choose to just do a quick wrist snap to hit the golf ball and do just as well as a full swing..

I don't know what exactly, but it sounds like something is not quite setup properly...You may want to experiment with sensitivity, and the positioning of the IR bar, and how far away you are etc.....

well the sensitivity and the sensor bar has nothing to do with any of the wii sports games

I don't know what exactly, but it sounds like something is not quite setup properly...You may want to experiment with sensitivity, and the positioning of the IR bar, and how far away you are etc.....
I agree. Try to re-position the IR bar.

Try swinging faster, not harder, and you'll serve some aces :D

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom