Wii D-Terminal AV Cable

theone

Established Member
Reaction score
On my Hitachi 7200 Plasma my Component input is used by my XBOX360, so I was looking at the D-Terminal AV Cable as an alternate for my Wii as the composite is the usual 'Blurred quality'! If I was to import a Jap D-Terminal AV Cable, would this work on a UK Console? I'm guessing it would, but sod's law if I bought one it would not!

TIA

Sure, if your TV has a D-Terminal input, which if it's not Japanese, I highly doubt :)

Despite its hugely futuristic name, D-Terminal is actually a component analogue connection used in Japan. It is nothing to to with DVI or HDMI. Unless of course your TV accepts component over DVI in which case things get really complicated....

hi all, still trying to get a wii, the only terminal i have open to me is the d-sub on my panny phd8.

does anybody have a link for the lead i will require?:D

sorry forgot to mention, will (eventually) be a british wii, if this makes any difference?

thanks

There is no D-Sub/VGA cable for the Wii right now, probably won't be either. If you want to go that route, you could get a component leads & a component-to-VGA transcoder, though that could end up being rather expensive.

hi all, still trying to get a wii, the only terminal i have open to me is the d-sub on my panny phd8.

does anybody have a link for the lead i will require?:D

sorry forgot to mention, will (eventually) be a british wii, if this makes any difference?

thanks

Something like this:

http://www.keene.co.uk/multi.php?mycode=SBB401

and some RCA-RCA connector barrels should work. This is obviously assuming that the Keene lead is wired up correctly, i guess you could have to ask them. Then there's the small matter of getting your mitts on a Wii component lead..... :suicide:

hey brownie

Just got a PH9 and one of these boards, they will work on a 8 series! Your biggest challenge (and mine) is to find a Component cable for the Wii to go with it!
Thats good news as I've not tested mine yet (with a Phanny PW6) as I'm also still awaiting on a cable.

Are these boards compatible with your plasma?

http://www.richersounds.com/showpro...ZC-BOARD&SID=ab611ba9f8b268e044ab381c32a0c4b7

If so most local branches still have them in stock, that plus the cost of a component cable should come to around £25-30 for a really good picture.

I really have to thank gsxrmoviestar for highlighting that bargain for me. still cant get a wii, but managed to get the last board at my local richer sounds for £9.99 what a bargain. (sorted for when my wii eventually arrives !)

hooray for the forums
hooray for gsxrmoviestar:clap:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom