Wii Console - 60% discount

noticed that..i need to see it to believe it!

I was tempted by the sainsburys offer on right now but at £70 odd that seems a great deal!...
also i noticed that it stated "Over 60% off Microsoft Xbox consoles" :smashin:

I already have a ps3 though so guess a wii would be alittle more "different" - not going against the whole "ps move" thing because i would like that but anew console at £70 seems anice addition.

Last edited:
I was tempted by the sainsburys offer on right now but at £70 odd that seems a great deal!...
also i noticed that it stated "Over 60% off Microsoft Xbox consoles" :smashin:

I already have a ps3 though so guess a wii would be alittle more "different"

yeah i really have a soft spot for mario games..might be worth trying get hold of one just for that.

personally I dont believe it at all...I think its some sort of misleading advert (ie bundle with hugely inflated RRP) BUT I know the whole Black Friday thing is big in the US. Your way behind on this though, its been reported on websites for the last week or so

Amazon.co.uk: Black Friday Deals Week

What Is Black Friday?
Black Friday is the day that follows Thanksgiving in the USA; with Thanksgiving on the fourth Thursday of November, this year Black Friday will be November 26. It traditionally marks the beginning of Christmas shopping, with shoppers grabbing some great prices on a huge range of products. Amazon.com offers some unbelievable deals throughout Thanksgiving week and on Black Friday, and this year, we wanted to do the same. We're bringing Black Friday Deals Week to the Amazon.co.uk website, so our customers will be able to take advantage of some unbelievable deals throughout the week.
Looking for Black Friday Deals Already?
You've come to the right place, only you got here a little early. Be sure to come back on Monday, November 22, when we'll be releasing unbelievable, pinch-me-to-prove-they're-real, Black Friday deals. In fact, we'll be adding new deals throughout the day, every day, so you can visit at any time and find must-have products at jaw-dropping prices.

In the mean time, what can you do to get ready?

Bookmark this page (if viewing in Firefox or Chrome) or add to your favourites (if viewing in Internet Explorer)
Subscribe to our daily Black Friday e-mails
Like us on Facebook to receive updates about Black Friday deals, new releases, and exclusive Amazon content
Follow us on Twitter--we'll be tweeting about Black Friday deals and other great offers

Black Friday Updates
The start of Black Friday Deals Week is only four days away, and as the countdown continues we'll be revealing some of the deals you can expect to see. Keep an eye on this section for a sneak peek, as we'll be adding more info every day.

We'll have over 300 deals, including:
Over 60% off Microsoft Xbox consoles
Over 70% off Orchira pearl jewellery
Over 50% off Sony Blu-ray players
Over 60% off RRP Eternity Moment Eau de Parfum
Over 60% off Flip Mino High Def Camcorders
Over 60% off Nintendo Wii consoles

Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
60% of a XBOX Console. Damn I might be tempted to get a slim at that price.

most of amazon prices are already like 45%/50% off or more, so lets not get carried away people :) so extra 10%+ were actually getting off, still ok thou.

Wii will be tomorrow. Just got an email.

Black Wii with extra controller and 2 games £199.99... So £80 tomorrow

you just know that these offers wont happen for normal people who just want one, thanks to herberts buying loads to sell for profit and them selling out after 5mins.

If you can spend the next week in front of your keyboard mashing the refresh button you might just stand a chance but if not you've no got a hope in hell. Somebody will be lucky though...

Really when they say 60% of RRP is the RRP doubled?

For the life of me I can't see the Wii actually being 60% RRP off unless it's like 5 units they have just to get business in?

But anyhow i'm more interested in the Sony TV/Blu-ray however by the time I get home not much chance of any deals :(

Now is the time I wish i had a smartphone to spam at work.

Really when they say 60% of RRP is the RRP doubled?

For the life of me I can't see the Wii actually being 60% RRP off unless it's like 5 units they have just to get business in?

But anyhow i'm more interested in the Sony TV/Blu-ray however by the time I get home not much chance of any deals :(

Now is the time I wish i had a smartphone to spam at work.

I think that previous posters might be setting themselves up for a disappointment.

Keep in mind that Amazon calculate their discounts on the RRP. The RRP of the Wii is £179.99 and they sell it for £139.99, a saving of 22%. If they calculate the 60% discount off the RRP then the price should be around £110.

Previous posters have said that it should be £70/£80 but they're working that out as 60% on the already discounted £139.99 price.

I think that previous posters might be setting themselves up for a disappointment.

Keep in mind that Amazon calculate their discounts on the RRP. The RRP of the Wii is £179.99 and they sell it for £139.99, a saving of 22%. If they calculate the 60% discount off the RRP then the price should be around £110.

Previous posters have said that it should be £70/£80 but they're working that out as 60% on the already discounted £139.99 price.

no if you take 60% off rrp it would be roughly £81

The black wiis been put up to £199.99.

The black wiis been put up to £199.99.

thats a very good point...putting the prices up before the sale starts so 60 % off something that costs £200 (which is more than anywhere else in the first place is not such a good deal!

Nintendo Wii Console (Black) with Wii Sports + Mario Kart and Black Wii Wheel + Motion Plus Controller (Wii)

Now £164.99 at Amazon

Not in stock though, the 199.99 is.

thats a very good point...putting the prices up before the sale starts so 60 % off something that costs £200 (which is more than anywhere else in the first place is not such a good deal!

It's also illegal. Let's see what happens.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Yeah it looks like they are starting new deals at different times throughout the week.

No Wii or xbox deals listed yet for the next few hours unfortunately.

Deals starting in the next few hours are for Goldeneye 007 collectors edition (Wii) and Vanquish (ps3 and xbox)

Last edited:
Do they announce all of the deals in advance like this or do they have some unannounced ones suddenly popping up too?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom