• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Wii connected to Optoma HD65 picture problem

TrophyJem

Established Member
Last night I connected my Wii to my Optoma HD65 projector.

I used the YUV connection, set the wii to 480P and all looked good.

However I have a problem, every now and then the projector looses the picture for about a secound (blue screen). Very annoying mid game as you crash or die.

Any ides as to what could be causing the problem.

PS3 connected via HDMI is fine and Sky+ connected via s-video is also fine.

I don't think it can be the cable as the picture looks perfect when its working.

Any pointers greatly appreciated:confused:

maxwell

Distinguished Member
yep thats your problem alright, had the same here, I have to use the standard Wii lead and composite video into projector until they come up with a fix. Tho to be honest there is not a lot of difference between the two if you use a good quality composite lead

Garyoke

Standard Member
I used to get the problem of the picture dropping out for a couple of seconds on Mario Kart whenever I got zapped by lightning.

But ever since I upgraded my amp to an Onkyo 606 and pass the component signal into that but then output it as hdmi to the projector the problems gone.

TrophyJem

Established Member
Cheers for the replies.
I can confirm that with 576i or 480i the problem goes away.
Like you say, the picture is only marginally worse.

Mario Kart is just fantastic on a large screen!:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom