Wii connect 24 automatic updates

TwoJs

Distinguished Member
Hi, if i turn off my wii using the wiimote it goes to standby mode (orange light) does that mean if I leave it in that option, anytime an update gets made the blue slot drive flashes to warn me by default, or is there any settings I have to change for that to happen ?! cheers

Indiana Jones

Distinguished Member
With WiiConnect24 enabled it will always remain in standby and will flash blue when updating or leaving messages.

Personally I found it ran quite warm when it standby so have disabled WiiConnect24 so it turns all the way off now.

tcgills

Standard Member
The best thing to do would be to leave it on the chips inside are heating up and then cooling down like a computer it is best to leave it on and keep the chips inside at a constant temperature rather than heating up to a high temp then cooling down it does them no good at all

TwoJs

Distinguished Member
With WiiConnect24 enabled it will always remain in standby and will flash blue when updating or leaving messages.

Personally I found it ran quite warm when it standby so have disabled WiiConnect24 so it turns all the way off now.

So if I go into wii settings I can enable/disable wii connect 24 is that what your saying, I think ill keep it on like the last post said prob best to keep these chips at a constant same temp

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom