Wii Component cable - sound not working through SCART

wrsg

Standard Member
will try and cut a long story short:

1. connected Wii to Technika 22" LCD (yes Technika suck) using component cable from here ( Component AV HD TV Video Cable Lead for Nintendo Wii | eBay ). tested a game and the video is working without a hitch.
2. connected the audio part of the component cable to my Gamecube SCART connector.
3. sound doesn't work.

the Technika seems to only recognise the component as 'source' but i am not sure if this would prevent the audio coming through from the SCART or not.

here is how the connectors look unplugged >

and plugged >

to the left of the component connectors is what looks like the Audio-in for the component (it says YPbPr/Video Audio-In) but its a 3.5mm type.

i've already read several posts on how people got this working and the only one that i think may work involves buying this 3.5mm Stereo Plug to Two Phono Sockets : Connect 3.5mm : Maplin

if anyone knows if its possible without this 3.5mm plug then please let me know...

Dodgy_Geezer

Welcome to AVG :hiya:

That won't work having both component and Scart connected like that. You'll need to either connect the two audio leads to an external source like your AV amp or stereo (if you have one) or as you mentioned, get a 3.5mm to stereo phono and plug that into the 3.5mm socket on the back of the Technika.

If you go for the latter option, 7 quid from Maplin for a 3.5mm to phono is robbery, you'll get a far better quality lead for cheaper from eBay (or similar).

wrsg

Standard Member
Welcome to AVG :hiya:

That won't work having both component and Scart connected like that. You'll need to either connect the two audio leads to an external source like your AV amp or stereo (if you have one) or as you mentioned, get a 3.5mm to stereo phono and plug that into the 3.5mm socket on the back of the Technika.

If you go for the latter option, 7 quid from Maplin for a 3.5mm to phono is robbery, you'll get a far better quality lead for cheaper from eBay (or similar).
thanks for the warm welcome! :)

your method is exactly what i went with: bought the maplin lead about a day after writing the original post, realised a while afterwards that i could have gone with a cheaper one. main thing is i got it working though.

Mark uk

Novice Member
You are using different inputs for audio and video, it wont work.:)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom