Wii Component and DVD Component..1 screen...how?

cu3ed

Novice Member
Like many here ive pre-ordered the component cables from Amazon.

but got a connection problem.

Cant for the life of me find what i need.

Basically the screen has one set of inputs for compnent cables.

But they are already taken up with the DVD player.
Now im getting a set for the Wii, and aint gonna be swaping them all the time!

So looking for a switch type box but only for component cables?...i assume their is such a thing!

Simebaby

Lots of them around - see here for an example. There are cheaper ones available, but the JS Tech one comes highly recommended.

Edit: Should actually tell you what they're called - component switcher!

Killie81

Novice Member
yes you can get unpowered switchers.... I can't remember where i saw it though

or you can just use 3 gold plated Phono Splitters and plug them in the back of your TV (I did this as I am a cheap git)

stu.artd

I have used one of these for my XBox 360, PS2 and gamecube for most of the past year. They're cheap and mine works very well with my 360 in HD as well as the older consoles.The Wii will atke the place of the cube once I get a component cable for it.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-2q-49-en-70-3cb.html

Out of stock there just now and it's the same at both both consolesandgadgets.co.uk and consoleplus.co.uk but that's what I'd recommend. Cheap, works perfectly well and no external power.

cu3ed

Novice Member
Cheers stu.artd!

Never ordered from their before, is it an okay site?, would i see before chrimbo you think? at that price i dont mind waiting till they are in anyways.

stu.artd

I've had stuff from playasia (my psp, games) as well as consolesandgadgets without any problems at all.

You might be able to find that component switcher at other stores and I'm sure it'll be on sale on ebay at a good price as well.

Pac3y

I've just got mine from HERE Out of stock now though. I have one problem which is when my dvd player is plugged through it, I get lines going vertically across the screen which is damn annoying!

stu.artd

That must be really annoying. I've played dvd's using my PS2 and 360, as well as HD DVD's on the 360 and never had anything like that.

Stupid question, but are all the cables from the dvd player fully inserted ?

Pac3y

Everything is plugged in right. I've tried it through the power box and then back directly to the TV (40" Samsung LE40R72BX) and the lines are only noticeable when it's running through the power box. So it's definitely causing it! It's a shame really. :(

GeordieSquires

Looking at going for the one at Play-Asia. As said earlier it is back ordered. Does this just mean out of stock. If so when do you think they will get them in. Really need this for a fun filled gaming christmas.

cu3ed

Novice Member
I know they are out of stock, but I Ordered anyways from Play-Asia, really cant complain about the price, though i did opt for the UPS delivery which added abit to the total.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom